Chronic Re-arranger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teakwood

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am a chronic rearranger. I dunno if that's a word... But I am. I cannot keep the same look in my tank for more then a couple weeks. I like switching it up. I've decided any live plants I keep will have to be in pots. I drive myself nuts. I do the same thing with furniture, every couple months whole rooms get completely switched up. Ever couple weeks my tank gets completely switched up. Anyone else?

Nope. Lol. I actually HATE when things move. Once I have furniture in place, I never move it. It absolutely drives me crazy when things move. I hate change, even in my fish tanks. Once they are in place, I only ever move things when I need to alter territories.

If I had a theme and specific decor I was happy with and attached to I might not move things so much.

I do this more so in my house than my tanks. I can't leave furniture alone for more than a few months. Drives my husband crazy. I move the tanks themselves around more than the decor on the inside.

Yup. Chronic rearranger here too. Just with my tanks tho (I had to get rid of most of my furniture to fit all the tanks in. Lol)
I haven't noticed any negative effects from it. It creates some interest, and stops any one (cat)fish from staking a serious claim to any particular territory. And it allows me to do a thorough clean.

It's hard because I have angels and Cory's and gbr and trying to have caves/rocks the angels like to hide in and an egg laying zone(gbr) and space for everyone to get away from eachother and still have swimming room is tough. It will be easier once I pick the angels I'm keeping and find homes for everyone else I'm growing out.

It has to do with your being highly tuned to the Chi (movement) of your tank if you ask me.

Fung Shui is awesome if you find decorating interesting. Very open ended suggestions, like using odd numbers of objects when grouping etc.

It has to do with your being highly tuned to the Chi (movement) of your tank if you ask me.

Fung Shui is awesome if you find decorating interesting. Very open ended suggestions, like using odd numbers of objects when grouping etc.

<3 I think this was a very good comment!!!

I'm right there with you! Especially in my 28. It's heavily planted and I feel like they are never in a good enough spot. I havent rearranged anything in 3 weeks now in THAT tank and feel like thats a huge accomplishment....can't say that much about my other tanks though. Every w/c something gets moved around!!

Back
Top Bottom