Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What tank r u talking about with fake plants, I have only seen them use the corals that they make.

They instant cycle things they use, they sell them on their website. Check it out.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshwaterTropical
What tank r u talking about with fake plants, I have only seen them use the corals that they make.

They instant cycle things they use, they sell them on their website. Check it out.
They put fake plants in both the bus and in the nail polish bottle.

I don't really trust instant cycle recipes. I would rather stick with the things that have been working for years, especially since atm's tanks are known to not end very well.

Have you noticed that they don't really have any tanks in their office? Gus wife made him that octopus tank last season but they haven't shown it since

Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcal01

I don't really trust instant cycle recipes. I would rather stick with the things that have been working for years, especially since atm's tanks are known to not end very well.

Have you noticed that they don't really have any tanks in their office? Gus wife made him that octopus tank last season but they haven't shown it since
Yeah I don't really trust it either. I didn't notice the fake plants, but the pinball tank with live plants was way over stocked just like many of their tanks.
And yeah many of the people that buy the tanks have no idea how to take care of them, the tanks end up failing and all the fish die.....

Yeah I'm not sure about other tanks in there office but they do have birds, and parrots and stuff. But I do know that they got rid of the octopus because it kept escaping out of the tank.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just caught the end of the nail polish bottle tank. They were using bottled bacteria to instant cycle it. It's a interesting show, but pretty goofy.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #35
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcal01 View Post

Would that be the one with the 8 legs?
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I changed my view on the show. I like the people and the theme. I don't care if it's scripted. My problem is this: We used to watch it as an entertaining family show, but lately there has been too much profanity. I get annoyed with shows that have an excess of "beeps" as it is. In this case, though, there is too much uncensored profanity as well. I don't want my kids hearing that and i really don't want to hear it. It's too bad that people think its ok to push the limit on TV censorship (or lack thereof.)

Tags
cichlid, ich, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com