Cichlid Fridge Tank on "Tanked"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really liked the headboard tank. It looked great. The spade tank was very clever as well, but it seemed a little small for the load.

The spade tank to me looked smaller than the 50gallons they said it was, but it was still really cool and i wouldnt minde having a tank shaped as an A

Honestly the spade tank did it in for me that tank was way overstocked way to fast and the mandarin is more then likely doomed to a slow death by starvation. They may say they love the fish but if that were true they wouldn't be sending fish to their deaths :/

I have thought the same thing watching that show, they just dump fish into the tank straight from a big garbage can? And not like 2-4 fish at a time but like 50!? I would like to hear follow ups on their tanks and how many are still up and running with live fish....

I may have touched on this before but maybe it's only common sense in my eyes. This is not a mom and pops lfs nor are these people who buy the tanks are ordinary fish keepers. The people who can afford these custom tanks obviously A. Can afford to pay someone to continue maintenance on these aquariums or B a random person who truly loves taking care of fish n maintain there own. I pretty sure it's A. And if the people from tanked didn't know what they were doing do you honestly think they would still be in the business of making these tanks. I mean in the other episode they went to a past clients house took the shark that outgrew its tank rehomed it in another and let the person know when it outgrews it's new home they would take care of it. I like the show an if I want to learn something about this hobby I go on the Internet or read a book. I watch the how for entertainment purposes not to make dumb assumptions. I won't say that some peoples concerns may not be warranted but again like I said earlier use some common sense or change the channel.

Honestly, I love watching the show for purely entertainment purposes. The people on the show are funny, the fish in the tank are nice-looking, and you can't deny that there are some very nice-looking tanks. It's really not meant for educational purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's keep this on topic folks. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I think we can all agree that this show is just entertainment, and nothing else.

I wish they were more detailed on plumbing, appliances, and products. I know they make an entertaining show but it would b nice if it were more educational to fellow fish keepers.its not like they need to keep any big secrets. No one who pays for one of those tanks does anything but feed the fish. They wouldn't lose any business to competition. The work they do is an art by the way. They know what they are doing.

Has anyone noticed that they have been putting fake PLANTS in their saltwater setups? IM glad they talked about cycling this episode even though it was "instant" cycling.

What tank r u talking about with fake plants, I have only seen them use the corals that they make.

They instant cycle things they use, they sell them on their website. Check it out.

FreshwaterTropical said:
What tank r u talking about with fake plants, I have only seen them use the corals that they make.

They instant cycle things they use, they sell them on their website. Check it out.

They put fake plants in both the bus and in the nail polish bottle.

I don't really trust instant cycle recipes. I would rather stick with the things that have been working for years, especially since atm's tanks are known to not end very well.

Have you noticed that they don't really have any tanks in their office? Gus wife made him that octopus tank last season but they haven't shown it since

Tcal01 said:

I don't really trust instant cycle recipes. I would rather stick with the things that have been working for years, especially since atm's tanks are known to not end very well.

Have you noticed that they don't really have any tanks in their office? Gus wife made him that octopus tank last season but they haven't shown it since

Yeah I don't really trust it either. I didn't notice the fake plants, but the pinball tank with live plants was way over stocked just like many of their tanks.
And yeah many of the people that buy the tanks have no idea how to take care of them, the tanks end up failing and all the fish die.....

Yeah I'm not sure about other tanks in there office but they do have birds, and parrots and stuff. But I do know that they got rid of the octopus because it kept escaping out of the tank.

I just caught the end of the nail polish bottle tank. They were using bottled bacteria to instant cycle it. It's a interesting show, but pretty goofy.

Would that be the one with the 8 legs? :rolleyes:

I changed my view on the show. I like the people and the theme. I don't care if it's scripted. My problem is this: We used to watch it as an entertaining family show, but lately there has been too much profanity. I get annoyed with shows that have an excess of "beeps" as it is. In this case, though, there is too much uncensored profanity as well. I don't want my kids hearing that and i really don't want to hear it. It's too bad that people think its ok to push the limit on TV censorship (or lack thereof.)

Back
Top Bottom