Cleveland airport?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I figure someone here has to be able to help me with this one! :)

I will be flying next week with a layover in Cleveland. It will be me and two toddlers. Does the Cleveland airport have a good food selection so that I can feed my kiddos or should I pack a lunch? And are the restaurants easy to access from the gates?

Thanks!
Kimberly

pack lunch. airport food is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy over priced. also make those kids steal carts so you can return them for a dollar :D

Hopkins is an ultra modern airport. You should have no problem finding something convenient for snacking. :wink:

Thanks. It will be my first solo flight with the two kiddos so I am a bit nervous...thanks talloulou for the encouragement! :mrgreen:

I know that airport food is way overpriced, but being able to not carry a lucnh frees up some space for flight entertainment!

Glad to hear that the airport is better than our Detroit one!

Thanks,
Kimberly

I don't know how old your toddlers are but here are some tips from someone who had to fly alot with toddlers by herself........

put the kids in slippers (this helps the person who sits in front of you that will be kicked in the back about a million times by those toddler feet)

dress the kids comfortably....

give the kids some type of decongestant an hour before the flight. This ensures that they won't have ear pain, if they do have ear pain you and every other person on the plane is gonna hear screaming. Plus if your lucky the medicine will make them sleepy.

Have lollipos for take off and landing....this keeps them so busy they don''t notice ear pressure. But don't give them the lollipops till right before take off and don't let them know you have anymore hidden away.

Have new toys. Toys they've never seen before. The dollar store is a great place to find some cheap junk. Pull the different toys out slowly during the trip. No toys with little pieces that are gonna fall on the floor and roll down the aisles.

Have lots of juice boxes and lots of snack food.

Have some books you can read.

If your toddler is at least 3 buy one of those electronic games, the ones you can get for under $15.00. My son loves these, even better is a gameboy but now you are getting expensive. No matter what though make sure you can turn the sound off or way down. You may think 3 is young for these but you'd be surprised how quickly they can be addicted and this will buy you some sanity.

Some airports rent these dvd movie players....if you can get your hands on one of these it would be a god send almost as good as tranquilizer darts.

yeah cleveland airport should have food :) but yeah as talloulou said make shure you have EVERYTHING covered! and also you can try bribing! though it did not work for me and my cousins, you have to make the bribes short, like "ill give you XXXX candy if you stay quiet for X minutes *use sparringly* or your kid wont make it off the plane :roll: ! JMHO lol

I have traveled alot with my daughter also.
the benadryll idea is a good one... just be sure you know how it affects the child. Some get hyper! Thats the last thing you want/need!!

Suckers or gum if the child understands how to chew it. To keep their ears popping. Also if you can make yourself yawn let them see you do it... I know a toddler cant do it but you know how a yawn affects everyone else. Might work on the kids. Good Luck... and be prepared for bunches of mean looks from business men.

Thanks for the tips! I am still nursing my daughter (21 m) so that will help with the ear popping. We have been weaning, but I am sure that she will enjoy a couple of extra nursings during the trip! :) My son is almost three. He likes electronic type things, I will look at those today, but if it is too hard for him to do on his own I just get frustrated!

The kiddos have never had lollipops, but I am sure that they would enjoy them. That is a great idea! Thanks. I haven't worried as much about my daughter's ears popping b/c of the nursing and she takes a pacifier, but since my son doesn't do either I need all the help I can get! I hate to give them candy, but for sanity's sake I will make an exception here! 8O

Kimberly

I nursed my daughter for a VERY long time... It was the only thing that made the plane trips ok. Dont expect much protest out of her... expecially if she is still interested in nursing. As soon as her ears start hurting there is going to be only one thing she wants. Nursing will work like a charm.
Caitlin was almost 5 before she had candy, and I gave her dumdums. They are little.
With Caitlin I would hold off as long as I could to nurse, up until take off. Then the same way with landing. If you can keep her just a tad hungry, she will be that more interested. I wish you so much luck, and be sure to let us know how it went!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom