Completly pointless thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
There is no point to this thread... so forgive me now... :D
I got two Jack Russell Terriers almost a month ago. They are the most wonderful little dogs... Bailey is about 6 months now, and Fender is almost 10 months... and I love them to death, and would never even think of giving them up... but...

Having two Jack Russells in the house is like having two Two year olds... NOTHING is safe... I went upstairs to get some cleaning stuff... just to come back down to find my dust rag is now in about 50 pieces... oh well it was just an old rag... while doing laundry... any piece of clothing is a great tug-o-war toy :roll:
Somewhere they are finding the stickers from my windows... the ones that say the manufacture date??? WHERE are they finding THOSE?!?! 8O
My front yard is now looking pretty pitiful... they love to dig... well a JRT is a earth dog, guess I need to go find some sod for my yard, I just want to know what in the world are they going after???

I have tons of dog toys... chew toys, tug toys, balls, squeaky toys... do they play with them... nope... my dirty socks or unmentionables are apparently a much better toy then anything from petsmart... but I must say that Baileys fav chew toy is Fender, she is half his size but kicks his butt all over the place and drags him around the house by his ear, OUCH!!!
They are so funny to watch. They slept in our bed for the first time last night, and I must say... there is nothing funnier then waking up to two little black, cold, wet noses in the morning... :lol:
Whats really funny is when they going tearing after each other full speed thru the house... they dont run into anything but humans, so watch out...
but when they hit the hard wood floor its complete loss of control...

Im not sure if this is just me letting off a little steam... just sharing, or what... but here it is... feel free to post anything you like... *funny stories of your pets* whatever... :wink:

I have a Jack Russell mixed with a Pitbull.
He is two years old and he is hilarious when he has to take a bath or get his toenails clipped, etc.

Usually we have to spell the B-A-T-H word or he will run and hide. Also if I am clipping his nails or cleaning his ears, he "hugs" me. He will get his chest right on mine and put his head on my shoulder, like he is saying, "No daddy, I don't want you to do it anymore!"

I feel so bad but he needs to have those things done.

He does share the bed too, but at 65 pounds I am glad that we have a king sized bed. It's funny too, because on the weekends he will let me sleep until I wake up but when my wife has a day off of work, he will wake her up around 8 in the morning.

He is certainly a character. :D

I am absolutely shocked...shocked at you people. Sharing your beds with pets is an absolute no no...hold on a sec...my kitty has managed to fall out of bed again. LOL.

I wish I had a dog :( Are they like regular dogs in that they will calm down as they get older? When our youngest cat (now an adult) was a kitten, she was a terror! Now she is fat and lazy.

My dog is perfect. No, really. I think people who keep dogs will always have that one dog that is sortof the "best" one that will always be remembered as such, and will achieve exalted status. All of the other dogs they have thereafter will be compared to this dog, and usually fall short.

Cave' Canem (Latin for "beware of dog") is that dog for us, and I won't detail his marvelousness but he is just the perfect dog, and as he is in his senior years (a measly 8 1/2, which for the bullmastiff breed is an old fellow) we are realizing that we will probably not have another dog as good as he is in the future. I certainly hope we do, and we will take all the same steps to mold and train any future bullys, but he is special!

*stage whisper* we'll just ignore the fact that he is scared of balloons and leaves blowing across the yard... :roll:

I agree TG..
My First JRT "Jack" was perfect... in every way. he worshiped the ground I walked on...
I do find myself wishing that one of these new guys would be more like him... I always check myself when I do...
I was lucky to have Jack while I did... we packed alot of things into the last few years of his life... and I have no regrets
These little guys still have alot of growing to do... and I have a lot of "molding" to do... they will get to the point I want them, but I doubt they will ever be able to fill the paw prints of Jack...

Meridith... JRT's dont ever calm down... they will grow out of some of the puppy things... but just into dog stuff... a JRT can run incredibly fast, dig holes to China, will chase anything that moves, and jump 5 feet in the air from a standing position. They are The self proclaimed protector of things and observer of everything... these little guys dont miss much... THey have no fear, and will jump off of structures if not watched carefully. They have no concept of size, in their eyes, they are just as big as that Rotti that they are getting ready to beat up... Bailey (at about 4 lbs) went after a Border Collie the first week we had her... She had no idea that dog outweighed her by 200% THats one of the things that appeals me to these dogs... I dont generally like "little" dogs... but a JRT is a big dog stuck in a little dogs body...

I feel that a dog (over time) take on the personality of their owners, maybe thats why these dogs fit into our family so well...

I have a german shepherd/chow cross that is a spastic muffin of the finest order, but he's my baby. Ironically, the cat is his baby LOL. We have a ginger tabby cat, who just happens to match him perfectly, and I swear Bear thinks he's Swiper's mama. When Swiper (the cat) comes in from outside, Bear (the dog) has to give him a full body sniff and groom, just to make sure he's ok. If swiper is doing something he shouldn't be, Bear will discipline (ioe bite his head or step on him) him and make him stop. It's quite hilarious. He also "exercises" the 2 shitzus next door...whenever they're outside at the same time they chase each otehr madly up and down the legnth of the fence until the little ones are pooped.
What would we do without our fuzzy friends?

i have never had jrt, but i have a maltese/yorkie mix hes a cutie, but he has started pooping in the house alot, how can i get him to stop it?

lilfishette83- he might be having diet/stomach problems and depending on the situation, you might need to take him to the vet.. you might want to join www.poochlovers.com and they might be able to give better advice

I have a large Chow mix (he is mainly chow) and he is the TOTAL opposite of the stereotype... in fact the vets can't get over the fact of how docile he is.. it makes finding a rent house REALLY difficult

We have two Pembroke Welsh Corgi's, Rouijie is gonna be 4 years old, and Pippen is just barely 10 months old. They are high energy, sheep herding dogs...so keeping them in a house (no fenced yard yet) is a real chore.

I have a couple high strung poodles. They drive me nuts but I love them. Then I have a rotty who is the complete opposite. She is so laid back, she won't move out of her own way. :D

malkore said:
. They are high energy, sheep herding dogs...so keeping them in a house (no fenced yard yet) is a real chore.

Ha... we have the fence panels in the back yard, In about two weeks we get to start on our fence... I cant wait till its done, So I can just let them out and RUN!!!

Fluff said:
I have a rotty who is the complete opposite. She is so laid back, she won't move out of her own way. :D

I love Rotti's... my friend has one that is so cool... when he plays you have to really be careful... he will put your whole head in his mouth... what a sight!

malkore said:
We have two Pembroke Welsh Corgi's, Rouijie is gonna be 4 years old, and Pippen is just barely 10 months old. They are high energy, sheep herding dogs...so keeping them in a house (no fenced yard yet) is a real chore.

Love those pemmies ! We have a soon to be 4 year old pembroke as well. Love the "bunny butt". Quite the clown. I have have many different breeds of dog and the corgi is by far my favorite. Incredibly smart.

Picture a dog who is 12 inches tall at the shoulder running through a 24 inche New Hampshire snowstorm. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom