Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

compulsive, obsessive water testing

:p :p :p When I test the water in my saltwater tank and the testing results are perfect, I leave the little vials on the kitchen counter all day so that everytime I walk past I can smile. How about you aa members. What do you do compulsively, obsessively re: your fish tanks?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i constantly do head counts in my sw tank. lol i also have a tendency to do water testing on all my tanks daily. i have so many OCD things I do I cant even remember them all.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

water changes. I often forget to feed (don't hate) for a few days, but I never miss a water change. Sometimes, if I get bored, I do a 50% just because. I gotta stop that though, since I need to wait a whole week to do my water change on my planted tanks.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Carey: Hi. I stopped counting a long time ago. But, I find it interesting when there's such a great hobby like fish keeping.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

mfd: Do you find yourself wishing the days away so you can do your water change? It is so hard to leave the tank alone so that it can take care of itself.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Nah, rearranging plants holds me over between water changes

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used to rearrange my rocks like crazy in my African tank simply because I was bored. It was beneficial for preventing territory dominance, though. I hate doing water changes, but it's not so bad on a 10 gal.
Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

^I hate doing water changes in my 10g's. My 125 (and 150 when it was up) is much easier IMO.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I use a bucket on my 10g which is the only downside. When I did them on my 72g I just sat back and let the python do all the work. Why do you find it easier on the bigger tanks?
Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

because I do just that... run the hose out the door, kick back and browse AA, when it gets half way down, I get up and start filling, kick back and browse AA, try to watch the tank, and either shut off the water when its full or when I hear water hitting the carpet lol

Tags
sting, testing, water testing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com