Coney Island Mermaid Parade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QTOFFER

Aquarium Advice Addict
The 23rd Annual Coney Island Mermaid Parade will take place on Saturday June 25. http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml

I went to the parade last year, and it was alot of fun - it was also my first visit to Coney Island. I arrived by subway, and enjoyed a birdseye view of the Astroland Cyclone and Wonderwheel as the train pulled into the elevated station. The parade consisted of ocean-themed floats and costumed performers. There were dozens of people dressed in homemade costumes of mermaids and other sea creatures. After the parade, I had a hotdog at the original Coney Island Nathans and then checked out the nearby New York Aquarium.

I think that this would be a fun outing for AA members. If you've never been to Coney Island, this would be an ideal time! Besides the parade and the aquarium, there is the boardwalk arcade, the circus sideshow, and of course Astroland! If you'd be interest in going, post here and we can arrange a time/place to meet on the 25th.

Attachments

• mermaid3.jpg
    mermaid3.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 102
  • mermaid2.jpg
    mermaid2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 81
  • mermaid1.jpg
    mermaid1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 94
QTOFFER, you're such a sneak! I was thinking about this just a couple of days ago. I haven't been to Coney Island in a couple of years but I was there to see this parade. It is a lot of fun and the participants are not only colorful but truly eccentric!

You know, since the Aquarium is right up the block....?

:cry: Drat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm out of this one too. That's the weekend of my member/guest tournament and I've invited a buddy up from SC to play in it with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom