Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny
I haven't had all the sickness/disease you have had to deal with, but I am right there with you on wanting to just sell it all and get out of the hobby at time. I started a thread a couple days ago about being "burnt out". Didn't get many hits, but I understand where you are coming from.

In the end a hobby has got to provide enjoyment. All hobbies can come with challenges, and that is good. Hobbies are often meant to help us extend and progress as much as provide enjoyment. That said, it is essential that there is enjoyment.

In my psychology classes I learned that the recommendation is 20 min of personal enjoyment and 20 minutes of exercise EVERY DAY! Both provide endorphins that boost our mood, but it takes our bodies about 15 minutes to produce them and then you need a minimum of 5 minutes to have them do you any good. If you are not getting any enjoyment out of the fish, and just adding stress to yourself...it can be rather destructive.

I feel like am being a little long winded, but don't hang on to something you don't enjoy. If you can make changes that will help you enjoy it again then do it. Other wise, its a good thing to move on. You could be holding yourself back from something that will provide the enjoyment you need.
No u are fine thank u so much for your input. It's good to know I'm not the only one who has gotten so stressed/frustrated. I really enjoy my tanks and the hobby. Being a housewife it gives me something to do. And whenever I'm on the road traveling in my ministry they are easy for the working hubby to come home and feed. I'm being optimistic in believing this is not tb. I will still be careful but either way I don't wanna give it up. I do enjoy it even tho it's stressful at times hope with me that it is not myco

Old 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

So glad your sticking with it.You have so many beautiful tanks which are a pleasure to look at.The very best of luck from me to you

Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfy
So glad your sticking with it.You have so many beautiful tanks which are a pleasure to look at.The very best of luck from me to you
Aww thank u very much! I do love it!! Most everyone I have talked to around here says myco is pretty rare. I called the Lfs I got them from and asked if he was having any trouble with any other fish and he said no problems our of the danios but ich and fungus out of a couple other fish. Seems like if it was myco he'd be having more issues around there. I'm staying hopeful
Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

So flossie what has happened since?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boadams87
So flossie what has happened since?
Well I lost 8 danios ( the cause) and one angel! In the 55 I have 2 rams and one angel that seem fine now and in the ten gallon that I removed the other 2 danios from I have all my fish in there still. Evidently the danios had something and brought it to my tank but they were the only ones that died except for the one angel
Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Fish TB is rare. 40 years of fish keeping got it once. All I found out is you may contact it if your old & have cuts on your hand & put them in the water. Is this ture? I'm old with cuts & still here.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chagoi
Fish TB is rare. 40 years of fish keeping got it once. All I found out is you may contact it if your old & have cuts on your hand & put them in the water. Is this ture? I'm old with cuts & still here.
Lol yeah I wouldn't think it was tb but no one seemed to have the answers. I think it was some sort if infection I caught to late... My hands are always in the tanks without gloves and almost always have cracks on them... Drove me crazy not knowing.. I'm trying to grow brave enough to use my water changer in that tank again!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com