Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-07-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Contrasts...AKA show us your "fish" room!

I posted this pic in the SW forum but thought it was cool so I posted it here. A picture of my apartment with the 55 gal freshwater planted tank in the background, and the newly set up 10 gal FOWLR tank in the foreground. The contrast between the 6500K freshwater lights and the 10000K saltwater lights looks really neat. (There is also a slight difference in wattage....can you tell??) With both of these tanks, I don't need a TV anymore!!

Old 08-07-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Looks great. I think you need a comfyier chair infront of your 10Gal TV.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
LOL...I think what I should have done was put the 10g in the middle of the room so I can see all the actions that's going on in the back of the live rock!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
You don't need a TV or additional room lighting for that matter! Get rid of that lamp and stick a nanocube there!

Looks fantastic - nice apartment too!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus
I think the contrasts are great...plenty of entertainment provided as well. I usually don't disagree with my fellow members but if you put another tank on that great looking counter, you could keep the chair.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
if you put another tank on that great looking counter
There IS a tank on the counter! ...I couldn't get back far enough to get all three. I have a 2.5 gallon hexagon with a betta on the far left of the counter. The back of the counter is a bar so I don't trust it to hold a big tank.

or additional room lighting for that matter
Nope....the 192 watts on the 55 lights up the whole darn room. You can easily read while sitting next to the tank!

Anyone else have a shot of their "fish room" (AKA living room?)
Old 08-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my "living room". My seat is right next to the 29 on the couch and the 10 is straight across from my view.

Sorry for the weird lighting. I had to do a panorama to get both tanks in the shot.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Mosaic
A little late on this. Forgive me.
I don't have A fish room. I have fish roomS.

The pretty ones are downstairs, where company can see them. Everyone loves the giant pleco. There's a nice seat where you can watch both the 55 (left) and the 10 (right). I drew that picture of my old guinea pigs above the big tank.

I set up a nano tank to experiment with plants. It's on my art desk, where it gets sunlight for most of the day (except when I took this pic).

The QT/grow out tank in my room. That sponge filter keeps me up all night. There's a betta below them. Boy, my fish junk is everywhere. It's colonized my nightstand. I have to keep my dry food locked up in that treasure chest so my dog doesn't eat it (he loves bloodworms. yech.)

Also in my room. Cameo's waiting on a new tank (I took his old one away to do the nano). The Latin thought bubble on the whiteboard behind him is Cogito Ergo Piscis Sum - "I think, therefore I am a fish." Also notice the book sitting on the desk.

It's madness.
I just want my planted tanks to be perfect. Is that so much to ask?

55g: (Mostly) African riverine species: Alestes Chaperi, breeding pair of Kribs, and rhino pleco
30g: Newly established reef tank
10g: Planted but fishless
5g: Unplanted with various snail species
2.5g: Heavily planted with betta.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is my fish room (my bedroom, it gets pretty loud with three tanks, I guess I'm used to it).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc02931_343.jpg (113.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg dsc02932_112.jpg (119.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Here's my pad.....

This pic was taken before I added 4 new 10G tanks to the right of the 75G.

55G Filstar XP3 - 16" Fire Eel
75G Medium Planted - Filstar XP3 Low Light - Established Feb 2006
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com