Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2005, 09:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
cookie cutter

Looks like the cookie cutter sounds of Carrie Underwood took the day. I don't really care which person won (as neither of them were all that great), but I was hoping for something a little more original than your typical Shania Twain/Faith Hill clone.

Originality/diversity takes a back seat this time...

Old 05-26-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL originality always takes a back seat on Idol. I hate the vast majority of today's pop music, which makes it extra embarrassing to admit I watched most of this Idol season.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
In my opinion they both deserved to win, I just personally preferred Bo over Carrie.

Both will go far in the industry.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw80
In my opinion they both deserved to win, I just personally preferred Bo over Carrie.

Yeah, I liked Bo better too. But that was only due to my musical tastes being closer to his than Carrie's. I don't think that anyone in American Idol will ever actually "go far" until their original contracts with American Idol run out. They make them sign some crazy papers to get on there...
Old 05-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Quote:
Originally Posted by deli_conker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw80

Yeah, I liked Bo better too. But that was only due to my musical tastes being closer to his than Carrie's. I don't think that anyone in American Idol will ever actually "go far" until their original contracts with American Idol run out. They make them sign some crazy papers to get on there...
yeah, but look at Kelly Clarkson...she did it and I think Carrie will as well.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

The fact is, the best "singer" did not win this popularity contest. This is the second time it's occurred. It is headed right to where "The Weakest Link" went, where the strongest links were eliminated and the weakest link wins.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i'm in no way an Idol fan or a fan of teh type of music i have heard form winners of the contest. I saw a little bit of teh show last night (on accident) and heard some clips from the show on the radio today, and i wonder how bad the pool of talent must of been that those two were the finalist. Granted i didnt see the whole season, but from what i heard last night, they both weren't too good
Old 05-27-2005, 02:05 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamKnuckle
i'm in no way an Idol fan or a fan of teh type of music i have heard form winners of the contest. I saw a little bit of teh show last night (on accident) and heard some clips from the show on the radio today, and i wonder how bad the pool of talent must of been that those two were the finalist. Granted i didnt see the whole season, but from what i heard last night, they both weren't too good
I will say this, the final was REALLY disappointing.. the songs that were written for them were HORRIBLE

There were times in the contest that Bo gave me goosebumps it was so good (and I have a pretty picky ear being musically trained and all)

The only other contestant I think should have made it farther that she did was Nadia (sp?)

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com