Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Cool Idea a Natural Pool

So I stumbled upon a this idea of a Natural Pool while looking a koi ponds the other day. A Natural Pool is basically a pond with the swimming area of a pool in it that is deep. It is naturally filtered by aquatic plants and harbors wildlife in its shallows. It is configured so that it is one giant bio filter. I know there more popular in Europe and Britain but not so much here in the US.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking about converting my pool to one(in the very far future), but Internet sources are very limited on the topic? Just want to hear from y'all and see what ideas y'all have.

Heres an image of the natural pool.

Thanks for any information. Mark.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have threatened the wife many time with this idea (I hate tending to my pool). I would probably end up stocking it with Piranha and inviting the in-laws over for a swim.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

It doesn't seem like something I would want to swim in. I guess it would also depend on the temperature where you live. here in florida it would get to hot and be full of harmful parasites and amoeba. The only bodies of water I swim in are natural springs where the water is 72 degrees and freshwater comes out of the ground. I also go in the ocean on occasion but I don't really "Swim" in it.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Old thread I know, but we had a foreclosed house in the neighborhood and not only did it become a home for a few turtles but when the bank finally sent someone out for maintenance there was a gator in it! We've got water moccasins too... definitely not a florida possibility.

Tags
pool

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com