Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-28-2003, 08:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
Whatever you do, stay away from the aquarium in Key West! You pay $9 per person, and all it's just one big room! You literally walk in the door, stand in the middle of the room, spin in a circle, and you've seen the whole place! Of course Key West also has the coolest "aquarium" I've ever been to--diving on Looe Key .

The Baltimore Aquarium is the best I've been to, but I haven't been to many different ones to judge. I'm going to volunteer there as soon as my wife gets a full time job (she's student teaching). They take certified diver volunteers to feed the sharks and rays! I'll probably just be helping maintain the tanks though.

~Mike Shaw
Shawmutt.com. Blogs and Pictures of the Massively Multiplayer Offline game, Real Life.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by shawmutt
They take certified diver volunteers to feed the sharks and rays!
Wouldn't they give the sharks heartburn? ;)

aka Cycling Guru and the Ich Slayer

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:31 PM   #13
The National Aquarium in Baltimore, Very cool.

Someday I want to get to the Moterey bay one, hear it's awesome.

Also heard great things about the Tennesee Aquarium. World's largest FW aquarium. http://www.tnaqua.org/

Oddly enough, I also saw a neat one in Minnesota, inside the Mall of America! Not very big, but neat stuff. Biggest snapping turtle I've ever seen!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
Sounds like California has all the cool aquariums. Speaking of small ones though. The Bass Pro Shop at Concord Mills Mall in North Carolina. Has a Good Sized tank that's supposed to be a replica of NC Freshwater Lake. It was cool had ducks on top and Bass and all sorts of stuff in it. Ripley's at Myrtle also has a stingray petting zoo, I didn't even know you could touch those things but it was incredible. Or maybe there's some you can't touch still. Slimy things though

Esspresso! Breakfast of Champions.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:25 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus
I too love the Baltimore aquarium. The Ripley's one is really great, too. I visited Atlanta a couple of years ago and was dismayed to learn that they had no aquarium. A big city like that ought to have one! If you go to the keys definitely don't spend money on visiting an aquarium - hop in the water with yer snorkel!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com