Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to dogspot
Also... As far as grilling other veggies.. As you menioned, zucs work great. I usually cut them into chunks and skewer them. This makes them crispier. I will grill mushrooms when I grill steak. Just throw the whole mushroom on. I ain't a mushroom guy... Those are for the wifey.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is my favorite way to grill corn...
Soak the corn in water as directed here. While the corn is soaking take some soft butter and mix in some freasly minced garlic, fresh lime juice and fresh lome zest, salt, pepper and some cayane pepper powder. Carefully pull back the husks and remove the silk. Brush the ears of corn with the butter mixute and cover back up with the husks. grill for 20-30 minutes and roate often. Carmalizing the corn a little bit will help bring out some sweet flavor. Hmmmm.
As for veggies, I prefer to use a grill basket instead of skewers. take your favorite veggies...onions, peppers, zuccini, mushrroms asparigus and chop them up. Toss with some olive oil, sea salt, pepper and fresh dill. Heat the grill basket and toss in the veggie. You can pretty "stir fry" them until done. Hmmmmm

Old 05-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Try grilling a roaster hen on with a beer can (open of course) shoved up ..... 8O . Delicious...
LOL! My dad tried this once. We're sitting in the livingroom, and I see thick clouds of smoke in the backyard. I look out the window, and there's the chicken, perched on its beercan, totally engulfed in flames! I was ROFLMAO!!

That was the best pizza dinner I ever had!
Old 05-08-2005, 01:14 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything sounds delicious! I can't wait to grill tomorrow night. Thanks for everything thoughts. When we make corn, we just boil it in water, I guess that makes it lose alot of it's natural flavoring?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:05 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am another soaker. But i leave the hairs alone. I put them on the outside of a round weber with the coals in the center. In other words, indirect cooking. I don't use a lot of coals. Then the meats get cooked in the center and outside for a combo of direct and indirect cooking. I put the corn on about 15-20 min before the meat.

edit: gee, I never thought of basting the corn in butter and spices. That sounds really good.

ya know, I'm kinda getting hungry now.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:08 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

So don't cook the corn for 30 min on each side? Or is it 30 min total?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

well, I think I probably go about 30 to 50 minutes total. Never really timed it. I tend to slow cook the meat, for say, about 2 beers, and the corn is on for 15 or 20 minuts more than that.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK2
well, I think I probably go about 30 to 50 minutes total. Never really timed it. I tend to slow cook the meat, for say, about 2 beers, and the corn is on for 15 or 20 minuts more than that.
I'd be careful with the timing of your grilling beer method Tom...could lead to undercooking.

I remember watching an old Detective movie once (I forget the name). The star character (a portly gent) had purchased some corn and said: "Anyone who serves corn cut off the cob, or boiled in water should be arrested and charged with a felony."

Based on my experience with grilled corn, he's absolutely right!
Old 05-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
You know...walmart sells those chicken beer can holders? lol

I've never done that before, but heard it tastes good.

Also, with the corn, I don't soak, just let it grill for about 30 minutes, turning every 5-10 minutes.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I'm off to start everything for the BBQ tonight. It's weird that it takes all day to prepare for a dinner that lasts 20 minutes.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com