Cory catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GNAAAR

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have 2 panda Corey catfish that are. Babies and are in my 5 gallon but they don't seem to be very energetic anymore, is this normal for them or could they be depressed?

Have always read that Cory cats like to be in groups of 6 or more. Could be the issue. Could be your tank parmeters too.

The parameters are good so I'll see if a group works

Ketso is correct. Preference is group of 5-6 min if you try that not only will fish suffer so will parameters. 20g for a shoal of cories. They need that 2 ft tank at minimum as they are active (supposed to be )

Ketso is correct. Preference is group of 5-6 min if you try that not only will fish suffer so will parameters. 20g for a shoal of cories. They need that 2 ft tank at minimum as they are active (supposed to be )

I have moved them to my ten right now and they seem very active now, they are also grouping with my guppies by swimming up to them and interrupting the mating which looks pretty cute and funny.

If they start seeming like they need more friends of their own kind I will be sure to get things setup for them.

It really seems they like this a lot more then the overcrowded 5 gallon of 20 or so I saw at petsmart.

I have moved them to my ten right now and they seem very active now, they are also grouping with my guppies by swimming up to them and interrupting the mating which looks pretty cute and funny.

If they start seeming like they need more friends of their own kind I will be sure to get things setup for them.

It really seems they like this a lot more then the overcrowded 5 gallon of 20 or so I saw at petsmart.
Awesome...part of our stocking goals is to try and get our fish to mimic their natural behavior in our tank. This elimates stress which helps their immune system and our water quality. So getting fish up to the proper school or shoal often pushes a small fish into needing a larger aquarium than what say a single speciem would believe to need.

Awesome...part of our stocking goals is to try and get our fish to mimic their natural behavior in our tank. This elimates stress which helps their immune system and our water quality. So getting fish up to the proper school or shoal often pushes a small fish into needing a larger aquarium than what say a single speciem would believe to need.

It's kinda funny how they are trying to school with my guppies but have no idea they are interrupting the mating lol

A group of 20 cory in a big tank is a joy to watch

I might try doing something like that later when I have the room but right now I'm just a highschooler so I don't have the room.

Back
Top Bottom