Corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah. But remember with Cory's, the more the merrier. If you have a tank big enough more than two would be good. Maybe 5.

I had 5 corys and then lost 2. I noticed a remarkable difference in the behavior with the existing ones. They definitely do best with more in a group.

LyndaB said:
I had 5 corys and then lost 2. I noticed a remarkable difference in the behavior with the existing ones. They definitely do best with more in a group.

I have had the same experience in the past, added more to the group and it was like they were different fish.

Right what would be better then 4 cores or 4 clown loach what are easier to keep happy and alive???

So, that's roughly 30 US gallons. You'd need a tank twice that size for clown loaches.

What would you suggest for a 25 gallon well planted community tank?? IWould like a bit of everything nothing too boring...

Boring is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Do you have anything in there now? If so, what? Compatibility plays a big part in stocking a tank well.

Are there certain species that you're interested in?

I would do either pandas, juliis, or peppered (all my favorites). The pandas are the smallest and the peppered are the biggest. They all would do good in there and are very active!! I would get about 6 of them:)

Would like to end with a male and female cockatoo cilard have 6 zeb danios 5 rasbora harlequins and three five band barbs??? Would also like some bottom feeders

You need to up your barbs to at least 5. More is better.

What is a cilard? You mean cockatoo cichlid? Yeah, they'd do well in your planted tank.

I'd stick with smaller corys for your bottom.

LyndaB said:
So, that's roughly 30 US gallons. You'd need a tank twice that size for clown loaches.

I JUST got done telling you this on another thread mr fishypants. If you don't want to listen to advice then fine.

tarpon said:
I JUST got done telling you this on another thread mr fishypants. If you don't want to listen to advice then fine.

I'm allowed to ask for more advice this is a forum

LyndaB said:
You need to up your barbs to at least 5. More is better.

What is a cilard? You mean cockatoo cichlid? Yeah, they'd do well in your planted tank.

I'd stick with smaller corys for your bottom.

What smaller coreys would you suggest??

Mrfishypants said:
What smaller coreys would you suggest??

Like I had stated before pandas would be good, there are dwarf and Pygmy cories as well that would be good in there. It's all up to you to decide which one:)

I'm allowed to ask for more advice this is a forum

Let's just say it's not good form to ask the same question in various threads hoping for a different answer. The forum works best when we all can see what the previous dialogue/opinions have been. We can then expand on that.

As for the corys, I would say to research the corys. Go to the lfs and see them, write down the ones you like, come home and research. That's the best way to end up with the tank YOU really want.

I have two panda corys and they do just fine. They just go about their business digging around pretty much all day.

i3k said:
I have two panda corys and they do just fine. They just go about their business digging around pretty much all day.

You get a lot more out of them in numbers.
They can survive in a couple. But IMO its better to keep a fish that naturally lives in large schools /shoals in as big of a group as possible. Their behavior is a lot more interesting in groups as well.

Back
Top Bottom