Corydoras Habrosus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judyheitz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a question about these little guys. When buying cories is it harmful to add pure oxygen to the bag for transport? My trip home is 35 miles.

Keeping them at a good warmish tank temp would be more important if it is cold out or in the car. But they can go through the mail for a couple days somehow and live. Usually a bag on the seat where you would be sitting temp wise would be good.

And there are foot and hand warmers / like aquatic heat packs which could be used if its too coolish. You wrap it and set it next to the bag/heat rising if it is chilly. If the car is warm you wouldn't really need it.

Such a trip shouldn't be an issue. If you have to go inside somewhere and the car is cool you can take them with you inside. I usually have a dark cloth (reusable shopping) bag for transporting any fish I get. ;)

Keep temp stable and bag in absolute darkness. Less disturbances the better. I usually wrap the fish bag in a sweatshirt or jacket and get it situated in a place it wont get jostled around.

Yes I bought 5. They were transported just fine but when I got home one was already dead and they were all dead by the next morning. I called the fish store and all of their caries were dead too. Will find a different source. My original question was about adding O2 to transport. Since they are air breathers at surface of water pureO2 may not be good for them.

Back
Top Bottom