Craigslist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdepriest6009

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was playin on craigslist last night on my iPod and for some reason I started looking and trucks then moved over to boats and then I some how ended up looking at fish tanks just to see what was out there around my area lol. While I was "just looking" I came across a post that said "free fish tank" it didn't give the size or anything about it all it said was it came with a plecosomis and you had to drain it yourself and it came with a stand. The lady gave her name and number. When I started to find my phone to call my wife found the post then found my phone and hid them both from me :( she said I didn't need another tank lol. Has anyone else ever had an experience like this one? lol.

Do you mean the wife hiding the phone and saying no more tanks or free stuff on craigslist? Lol I have gotten snails and a couple of fish from CL. I bought all my tanks used through CL as well. Five tanks is as many as I have room for though but I still get the jitters when I see a great deal on there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

The wife part lol I always find great deals on about everything on CL I just don't ever have the money lol so when I found the free tank I got excited lol I'm still trying to get my wife to let me call lol

Cdepriest6009 said:
The wife part lol I always find great deals on about everything on CL I just don't ever have the money lol so when I found the free tank I got excited lol I'm still trying to get my wife to let me call lol

It'll be gone by now. I've never managed to call early enough to get a free one. :(

I've gotten several things off craigslist for free... and several things that were far from free... I usually have the best luck by telling them that I'll give them $5 if they let me have it... They're making $5 more than they would that way lol

Craigslist isn't my problem. It's yardsales in the upscale neighborhoods. ARGH! My boyfriend makes me stop buying things sometimes...

How about the husband doing that? *Sighs* Can't even enjoy looking at CL for the tanks without him looking at me and saying "Um, we don't have room for another tank." My reply is always "We can always make room for another tank."

How about the husband doing that? *Sighs* Can't even enjoy looking at CL for the tanks without him looking at me and saying "Um, we don't have room for another tank." My reply is always "We can always make room for another tank."

That's an awesome answer haha.

Yea I have tried that response with my wife before but then she always thinks of something that we could get for our baby that's on the way I mean how do you argue with that. Lol now don't get me wrong I can't wait for the baby but when you find a 45g tank with a fish for free do you know how hard it is to pass that up

Just gotta be patient on that one. I have a baby on the way too. So I am not adding any tanks now. :( Just settling with the ones I have until probably next year sometime. By then the fish should be large enough in the 55 and 29s that they need to be put into my planned larger (375g) tank anyway.

Recently I have been working on upgrading rather than adding things. For example I just upgraded from the tetra heater that came with my 55 gallon (which still works perfect so will be a great backup) for one of the Fluval E-series heaters. This should help protect my fish from burns when they get bigger. I also just recently replaced my two HOB filters on the 55 with a Fluval FX5. I'm basically trying to get most of the equipment together that I might need for the 375g before I get it so that when I get the tank I am basically ready to go, using all the substrates etc from the smaller tanks. :) Maybe doing some smaller upgrades on your existing tanks (some new plants, perhaps?) would satisfy the urge? :D

Back
Top Bottom