craigslist bad finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a saltie, but it seems wrong to me at least to keep a 4' fish in a 4' tank...certainly an unusual advertisement either way.

Attachments

• image-2831960007.jpg
    image-2831960007.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 235
Tanks with eels tend to be high rather than long from what iv seen with people keeping them and they need their own cave to pop out of to snag food. But that's ridiculous for a 4'

Eels can bend easily so it doesn't have to be insanely long for a big eel. But to have a green moray which reaches 8 feet in anything less than a 1000 gallon tank is stupid

TXaggie, if u can find that listing again, could u maybe send the link to the lister's municipal aquarium. There's a possibility they will buy the eel from the person and the tank without eel will get relisted.

Couldn't find the listing again, unfortunately. Hopefully that means someone sensible bought the eel and will put him in a more appropriate set up.

Because if you physically brought a fish from Thailand you wouldn't have the proper sized tank for him. Yeah, right. People actually think that somebody would fall for that? Totally wish I had a tank for that guy though.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1397886983757.jpg
    1397886983757.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 218
Because if you physically brought a fish from Thailand you wouldn't have the proper sized tank for him. Yeah, right. People actually think that somebody would fall for that? Totally wish I had a tank for that guy though. Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Pfffttt! Poor thing! But how stupid do they think we are

Not sure if it's a bad find or not but I found blue ringed octopus for sale on gumtree they are crazy they are pretty poisonous I want one but don't hahah

Why do we perpetuate these threads?? The mods have already shut one of these down. We should all respect their rules and not lower ourselves to bashing people on a public forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On one hand bashing people is bad but on the other hand the information provided could help newer fish keepers from getting ripped off. Knowing what not to look for can help find fair deals.

But yes, I agree with your statement and would like to say, if we are going to post in a thread like this then maybe we should edit the images to remove any personal identification info from the sellers ad? Thoughts?

Sent from my N861 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why do we perpetuate these threads?? The mods have already shut one of these down. We should all respect their rules and not lower ourselves to bashing people on a public forum.

On the other hand, this thread has numerous examples as what NOT to do, as well as unrealistic ideas of what aquarium supplies are "worth" when they are used. Then again, something is only worth what another is willing to pay for it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

CL

" 2-9"+ Koi and 30 gallon aquarium and stand (Pine Creek)

I have two 9"+ Koi and the entire aquarium setup (tank, filter, supplies, food, gravel, etc.). $50 and you come help take it apart. The fish are very healthy and beautiful.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers"

The 2 fish are about the length of the tank.

There is a very nice looking 3x2x2 foot tank for sale locally with a canister filter, heater, light and stand. It's never even had water in it but they want $999. It might be what they paid, but why not buy it from the shop new? It would look very good with plants though.

Mods shut them down because it violates terms. People are asked not to do something and they do it anyway. New people then join and have a great idea to do this so mods monitor it and delete what's not needed and give reason why. Once it gets too far out of control, the thread is locked.

it's 32 pages long, the mods would have locked it (again) by now. If nobody likes to read these threads or participate, why not just continue to browse other threads? What terms does it violate exactly? Just asking. If this one is bad, shut down the good one too. The original one is 136 pages btw.

Back
Top Bottom