craigslist bad finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people want retail value for their stuff or more.

Got to say I bought a nice setup for $25
75 gal
Stand
Filters
Rocks
Ect...... Everything I needed

My wife went on to say next time you steal from someone at least use a gun :D

5 gallon with an Oscar

And a 10 gallon with an Oscar

Inver grove heights, Minnesota :/ both of them :/

Poor fish! How does one even clean the tank when its in that shape?

I'm honestly not sure. And I actually emailed the guy to try to explain why that tank was not good for that fish. Well we ended up in an argument over it. He said I'm blind and that tank is 1000gallons. I told him to imagine living in a warehouse, except the only floor space was 2 3ft squares and to get to the other he had to climb a huge later and cross an enormous hallway. He said that the fish and others have been in there happily for 9 years...I'm no clown loach expert but shouldn't he be bigger if he was 9?

I'm honestly not sure. And I actually emailed the guy to try to explain why that tank was not good for that fish. Well we ended up in an argument over it. He said I'm blind and that tank is 1000gallons. I told him to imagine living in a warehouse, except the only floor space was 2 3ft squares and to get to the other he had to climb a huge later and cross an enormous hallway. He said that the fish and others have been in there happily for 9 years...I'm no clown loach expert but shouldn't he be bigger if he was 9?

Yes he should be around 14 inches at 9 years old

LOL, the ad reads: "tank is in great shape and water tight".
Gee, I certainly hope its water tight.

Wow. Some people. That definitely wasnt a water change either. I didnt see a siphon at all and how do you have 20 cichlids in a 29g tank

That is why I could never work in a fish store...I wouldn't let almost anyone have any fish!!!

I agree. Ive had people bring us back goldfish im little quart glasses with 2 goldfish in there a small plant and rocks as a wedding decoration. It makes me soo mad because most of the time, you cannot save these fish. Ive tried many times with 1 all the way to 5 hour drip acclimations with no luck

I agree. Ive had people bring us back goldfish im little quart glasses with 2 goldfish in there a small plant and rocks as a wedding decoration. It makes me soo mad because most of the time, you cannot save these fish. Ive tried many times with 1 all the way to 5 hour drip acclimations with no luck

I tried for 3 months to save a sick stunted baseball sized Oranda, with my heart breaking almost everyday...and 60 G water changes daily for weeks, 30G AM and PM. :nono::nono::nono:

My DD works at a chain store (she is a dog trainer mainly, not into fish) but after she has seen me go crazy about fish issues, she is very sensitive to the fish questions and keeping the ones they sell going to good possible homes, and has said no to some people about purchases. I am glad she is there and can help people make proper and good choices.

Especially where Bettas and Goldies are involved, since there seem to be huge amounts of horrible errors in keeping them, in a Goldies in a bowl, or Betta 6x6x6 cube for instance, with no filtration (or water changes).

Education...

I have tried to help and email people on CL too, sometimes it is good. Often I just recommend the AA website as an option. Try and speak the truth in love...

Back
Top Bottom