I bought one!
It was for a sparkling, heavily well planted 40G breeder. Fluorite substrate.
Lady had moved and the tank was at her husband's friends house for around a year. He used to work at a pet store and kept fish and he was taking care of the tank. Originally he was going to buy it from her and then he decided no, so she was selling it.
It came with Red Sword fish, Cories, Cardinal Tetras, some other fish which I can't remember. Hood, light, filter, net air pump all other standard supplies.
Lots of really cool plants. A few very nice ones.
I had to drive an hour one way to get the tank, and when we got there, I was shocked.
The tank was low about 1/3, and there was a THICK blanket of vivid algae on, covered in duck weed.
The guy said yeah I just didn't have the time to take care of it, I used to have a bunch of really big tanks and fish, yada yada yada.
It was so overgrown and dark in there I couldn't see but a couple fish.
I told him it wasn't what the pic was from craigslist and I probably wasn't sure about the purchase.
For sale for around $65-70. I had never had a real planted tank.
Somehow we got the price worked out to $40.00 which was a great price as he threw in some of his old stuff and a canister filter.
Then I had to clean it. A razor blade made short work of the algae. But the problem was the 3+inches of mulm in the bottom.
I sucked that stuff up 5 times in two weeks, I mean covering the entire bottom of the tank and sucking up stuff from the entire bottom each time, like 75% pwc
It just never stopped coming up. I got it cleaned up pretty well, but there was always crap at the bottom hovering over the substrate.
Then I found out I was allergic to blood worms. The lady I had got the tank from had said how much the fish loved blood worms. And I bought a new Hikari freeze dried container too.
Side note - was when I dropped the container on the floor and the lid popped off and I scooped them up and stuck them back into the container and nearly had to go to the hospital from a SEVER allergic reaction. Didn't know why still.
Then a few days later I was cleaning off a book shelf and my book about Betta fish fell on the floor so I opened it and started reading it, and it had a comment about how blood worms can cause sever allergic reaction in some people. No kidding just started reading it and there was the solution. Then I pieced together the events and situations previously, and was so happy for the explanation!!!
This explained how come every time I would clean the tank I would get sick and have bad allergy symptoms, continuing to become more severe each time I cleaned it. Ending in extreme problems. I call it the tank that almost killed me!
Gave the tank to my friend and she took out all the substrate cleaned out the gunk, and gave me back the plants after rinsing them off quite well.
And then I gave her all the blood worms in the house and we all lived happily ever after!