Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. View Post

You got all that for $350? Holy.Crap.I.Wish.I.Were.You! Did these guys own a failed LFS or something?
Lucked out big time in this one. Hands down my best Craigslist deal as of yet.
The lady had posted a 75 gallon that she wanted $55 for. I have one that's scratched from an unfortunate slate mishap so I figured I'd replace it with on win better shape. When I got to the ladies house she told me if I was interested in any more tanks she had a few more to unload. I said I was and we walked around the back of her garage to find the back covered with them. Her father was a betta, discus and angel breeder but he had pasted about 2 years ago. When they sold his house they moved the tanks thinking that one day they would set some up but for the last 2 years they were in the loft of a barn that was recently damaged in a storm. They then moved everything to the slab behind her garage and decided to sell them. When I asked her how much for them all she said make an offer. I had already agreed to purchase the big tanks. I had to beg her to take the $350 cause she said I could have them all for the price of the big tanks. I knew she had no idea what she had as far as value but I do have a small conscience. We agreed on the $350 and started loading up. 3 trips later and I still have to go back today to get the last bit.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #182
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746

Lucked out big time in this one. Hands down my best Craigslist deal as of yet.
The lady had posted a 75 gallon that she wanted $55 for. I have one that's scratched from an unfortunate slate mishap so I figured I'd replace it with on win better shape. When I got to the ladies house she told me if I was interested in any more tanks she had a few more to unload. I said I was and we walked around the back of her garage to find the back covered with them. Her father was a betta, discus and angel breeder but he had pasted about 2 years ago. When they sold his house they moved the tanks thinking that one day they would set some up but for the last 2 years they were in the loft of a barn that was recently damaged in a storm. They then moved everything to the slab behind her garage and decided to sell them. When I asked her how much for them all she said make an offer. I had already agreed to purchase the big tanks. I had to beg her to take the $350 cause she said I could have them all for the price of the big tanks. I knew she had no idea what she had as far as value but I do have a small conscience. We agreed on the $350 and started loading up. 3 trips later and I still have to go back today to get the last bit.
Congratulations, sir. You have won Craigslist.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #183
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

My good deal(s)

I wanted a 46G Bowfront with or with out a stand as I had been given a new stand from a guy on CL, iron new never used but a few years old, and he gave me a UV sterilizer for $10, total.

BUT that wasn't what I was noting as my good deal.

So, looking for a 46G. All of them seemed to be around $200. Even though I could get a new tank and hood/light only from Petsmart for $160.

For 6 months I was looking for the blasted deal, for around $100. If there was one for sale it was gone before I could get it. Decided I would do around $150, for lots of extras and stand too if available...NO GO!

Decided I could maybe do around 175-200 if LOTS of extras, lol.

So while checking for bowfronts, this tank popped up, 72G, wow dreamy..., but appx $400, not even a consideration!

Then a month or two later on the "check it out scan for new items", there it was again, $200. Same tank, HALF PRICE! Emailed and offer accepted, this is what I got...

Amazing in near perfect CLEAN condition, like a demo from the showroom floor, but a little bit of light dust, no water scale!

I put most of the the stuff in it.

Oceanic tank and matching stand, Black sand, Giant real looking 2 foot long fake driftwood (not using) and the big red rock to the left, lots of smaller rocks and misc fake plants and other DW decos, and other decos.

A perfectly clean, Fluval FX-5 with media, A python or Aqueon water changer, numerous chemicals and other not expired foods and conditioners. 5- 7 lbs different aquarium salt. A 3.5 foot plastic container with fish stuff, buckets, medicine droppers, scoops, teaspoons, nets, scrubbers, mag cleaners, heater and pails, and a total of 4 light bulbs for different effects.

And did I mention it was all SOOOO clean! For $200.00, happy anniversary to me!!! Even my hubby loved the tank!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #184
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746 View Post
Well.....the 100g's turned out to be 125's and they also had tons of smaller tanks and stands. 30 tanks 15 stands and lids for everything. Total price..............

$350

Still have a bunch more to go pick up!
Wicked awesome. So excited.... And jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

Congratulations, sir. You have won Craigslist.
Basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I wanted a 46G Bowfront with or with out a stand as I had been given a new stand from a guy on CL, iron new never used but a few years old, and he gave me a UV sterilizer for $10, total.

BUT that wasn't what I was noting as my good deal.

So, looking for a 46G. All of them seemed to be around $200. Even though I could get a new tank and hood/light only from Petsmart for $160.

For 6 months I was looking for the blasted deal, for around $100. If there was one for sale it was gone before I could get it. Decided I would do around $150, for lots of extras and stand too if available...NO GO!

Decided I could maybe do around 175-200 if LOTS of extras, lol.

So while checking for bowfronts, this tank popped up, 72G, wow dreamy..., but appx $400, not even a consideration!

Then a month or two later on the "check it out scan for new items", there it was again, $200. Same tank, HALF PRICE! Emailed and offer accepted, this is what I got...

Amazing in near perfect CLEAN condition, like a demo from the showroom floor, but a little bit of light dust, no water scale!

I put most of the the stuff in it.

Oceanic tank and matching stand, Black sand, Giant real looking 2 foot long fake driftwood (not using) and the big red rock to the left, lots of smaller rocks and misc fake plants and other DW decos, and other decos.

A perfectly clean, Fluval FX-5 with media, A python or Aqueon water changer, numerous chemicals and other not expired foods and conditioners. 5- 7 lbs different aquarium salt. A 3.5 foot plastic container with fish stuff, buckets, medicine droppers, scoops, teaspoons, nets, scrubbers, mag cleaners, heater and pails, and a total of 4 light bulbs for different effects.

And did I mention it was all SOOOO clean! For $200.00, happy anniversary to me!!! Even my hubby loved the tank!

Lucky! Well done!

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #185
Aquarium Advice Addict

This wasn't found on craigslist. I found it at a goodwill store. I drove a hour to get it.
A friend of mine send me a pic yesterday. I got off work this morning and bought it

8 gallon. Reefone biorb life 30 white
Complete with all accesories looks brand new includes the $120 intelligent led light

Paid $45

These sell new for $295

Old 05-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #186
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwandrsn View Post
This wasn't found on craigslist. I found it at a goodwill store. I drove a hour to get it.
A friend of mine send me a pic yesterday. I got off work this morning and bought it

8 gallon. Reefone biorb life 30 white
Complete with all accesories looks brand new includes the $120 intelligent led light

Paid $45

These sell new for $295

Awesome!!! I would love one of those! Great deal.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #187
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Awesome!!! I would love one of those! Great deal.
Here it is setup. I'm not happy with substrate. You can't use normal gravel. It will stop up the filter

Old 05-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #188
Aquarium Advice Addict

A 150g for $100 and comes with a free 55 i pickedup the 55 gave them the $100 and told them ill be back for the 150 when i get a couple friends haha.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #189
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwandrsn View Post
Here it is setup. I'm not happy with substrate. You can't use normal gravel. It will stop up the filter

Now I am jealous of your tank! But not the substrate!!! lol you need some soothing smooth river pebbles.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #190
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Now I am jealous of your tank! But not the substrate!!! lol you need some soothing smooth river pebbles.
Yeah it will probably be getting changed soon. The rough ceramic rock has to stay for the filter setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com