Craigslist Good Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought my full 55 gallon setup for $180. Came with perfect tank and stand HOB filter air pump and full hoods and full spectrum lights plus a bunch of accessories. The seller also have me over 15 rocks and plants worth nearly $200 alone!

hpiguy said:
Boy some of you sure are lucky.

I search my Clist daily and never see deals like that.

I do the same thing. And don't have any luck either. I live in kin of a small town and the people that do put stuff on Craigslist here are crazy in thinking what their tanks are worth. Still check daily though.

I found a guy from Craigslist in my area that advertised shutting his Frag store down. I got Acans that I see this week at my LFS for $25 pet head for 3 heads for $8. A birdsnest colony for $30, and many other sweet deals Needless to say I left there with a big bag of frags and a wife with a discerning eye lol. Some pics:

This is where negotiating skills come in handy. How many times have you, or your buddies wife said, " But honey....look at all the money I saved!"

Now, granted, she spent money and didn't save a thing, but you use this to your advantage when you tell her " Do you know how much money I saved doing it this way?"

Turn about is fair play ;)

I do the same thing. And don't have any luck either. I live in kin of a small town and the people that do put stuff on Craigslist here are crazy in thinking what their tanks are worth. Still check daily though.

The headline on this thing said $1. I just about passed out.

I'm not a fan of the tank at all, but WOW regardless. It's huge. And it looks like he's using a pool filter a floor below.

225 GAL.FISH TANK

I'm pretty sure it means best offer. Looks nice. For the footprint of that I would rather have a 55 or 75 for the price

Maybe they meant 1K? I would hate to find out the hard way if my floor could handle the weight of this thing.

125g tank, stand, hood, 6' light(2bulbs,), 3... AC110's, 2 300w heaters.

All for 200$.

I felt bad for the guy selling, but was a man who was going through a divorce, and apparently it was his wife's hobby. He said a few choice words about her and how he wanted this out of his house before she could take it.

Well... I'll take it off your hands! Tomorrow? Yuuuuup, I'll be there to pick it up! Haha.

Maybe they meant 1K? I would hate to find out the hard way if my floor could handle the weight of this thing.

Check the pics, they braced the floor under it nicely.

Those metal adjustable jack posts cost about $35 bucks, plus some 4x4s. Cheap insurance to brace it instead of finding out the floor sags later.

Always smart with a big tank.

Didn't get it but I wanted to. There was a 55 g a 50 g octagon and a 10 gallon with hood and lights for 10$

Somebody has a 75 with stand for $80!! I don't have room for it but I want! lol

I got a 55 gallon with gravel, stand, 2 filters, a titanium heater, and a timer power strip for 125. :D

I got a 75 with stand, magnum 350 canister filter, two power heads, UGF, two air pumps, about 8ft of air tube, gravel, large magfloat, and others I can't think of all for $50!! Technically 65.. Gas prices these days..

I got a 75 with stand, magnum 350 canister filter, two power heads, UGF, two air pumps, about 8ft of air tube, gravel, large magfloat, and others I can't think of all for $50!! Technically 65.. Gas prices these days..

That's insane! Good for you.

OMG. Someone has a 90 gallon with everything for $100! I dont have room but I may go for it anyway

found this to bad I don't have the money right now

Attachments

• image-2431086689.jpg
    image-2431086689.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image-287233297.jpg
    image-287233297.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom