Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #191
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. View Post

You got all that for $350? Holy.Crap.I.Wish.I.Were.You! Did these guys own a failed LFS or something?
I have the same question .. why did they have so many tanks?

Old 05-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwaterashley View Post

The lady I got them from, her father bred discus and angels but when he passed away they had no idea what to do with the tanks other than sell them.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #193
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746 View Post

Lucked out big time in this one. Hands down my best Craigslist deal as of yet.
The lady had posted a 75 gallon that she wanted $55 for. I have one that's scratched from an unfortunate slate mishap so I figured I'd replace it with on win better shape. When I got to the ladies house she told me if I was interested in any more tanks she had a few more to unload. I said I was and we walked around the back of her garage to find the back covered with them. Her father was a betta, discus and angel breeder but he had pasted about 2 years ago. When they sold his house they moved the tanks thinking that one day they would set some up but for the last 2 years they were in the loft of a barn that was recently damaged in a storm. They then moved everything to the slab behind her garage and decided to sell them. When I asked her how much for them all she said make an offer. I had already agreed to purchase the big tanks. I had to beg her to take the $350 cause she said I could have them all for the price of the big tanks. I knew she had no idea what she had as far as value but I do have a small conscience. We agreed on the $350 and started loading up. 3 trips later and I still have to go back today to get the last bit.
Okay not only is this an INCREDIBLE gold mine.... The story of how's and why's are just as cool!
(And I agree, you have won Craigslist. I didn't even know that was possible. Haha)
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post

Okay not only is this an INCREDIBLE gold mine.... The story of how's and why's are just as cool!
(And I agree, you have won Craigslist. I didn't even know that was possible. Haha)
Started on the stand for one of the 125's yesterday. Check out the cichlid thread for updates in the build.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2647791462.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	173785  
Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #195
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just got home with this little find.

Happened to come across a 10 minute old curb alert ad for a complete 55 gallon, emailed the guy and told him I was on my way to get it. He immediately called me to let me know he would move it off the curb so nobody would take it, and said there was a 5 gallon he was keeping but if I wanted it he'd put it with the big one. I said yes if he didn't mind parting with it I'd take it. We BS'd a few minutes, and he said "well you know I think I have some other stuff, like plants and spare heaters and stuff, I'll go find them real quick and put them in it too." He was waiting when the hubby got there and helped him load everything up, offered him some money for all the extras he took the time to go get and add, he said no thanks, and I got a new 55! now I have to figure out what I should do with the 5 gallon and the box full of plants. Haha
That man of mine must kind of like me or something, I drug him out of bed at 10:30 to make him go get a fish tank 25 minutes away, and now he's got it in the kitchen scrubbing it out, and it's after midnight here! Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-152350049.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	173789   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1516912069.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	173790  

Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #196
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwaterashley View Post

We never ask ourselves that here :P

I live for deals.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #197
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearancepuppy View Post

We never ask ourselves that here :P

I live for deals.
i see
Old 05-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #198
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourg746 View Post
Started on the stand for one of the 125's yesterday. Check out the cichlid thread for updates in the build.
You have a wonderful talent for building!!!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #199
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post
Just got home with this little find.

Happened to come across a 10 minute old curb alert ad for a complete 55 gallon, emailed the guy and told him I was on my way to get it. He immediately called me to let me know he would move it off the curb so nobody would take it, and said there was a 5 gallon he was keeping but if I wanted it he'd put it with the big one. I said yes if he didn't mind parting with it I'd take it. We BS'd a few minutes, and he said "well you know I think I have some other stuff, like plants and spare heaters and stuff, I'll go find them real quick and put them in it too." He was waiting when the hubby got there and helped him load everything up, offered him some money for all the extras he took the time to go get and add, he said no thanks, and I got a new 55! now I have to figure out what I should do with the 5 gallon and the box full of plants. Haha
That man of mine must kind of like me or something, I drug him out of bed at 10:30 to make him go get a fish tank 25 minutes away, and now he's got it in the kitchen scrubbing it out, and it's after midnight here! Lol
Yup I think so!!!

Shrimp tank for the 5G!!!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #200
Aquarium Advice Activist

At a garage sale I picked up a 100 gallon acrylic tank with a seamless curved corners front. It came with a wet dry filter, return pump, Milwaukee PH meter, 4 lamp t8 ballast and sockets, and matching stand and hood for $200

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com