Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #201
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Was wondering if you guys can help me with something I have stumbled across someone selling a 36 gallon bow front glass aquarium, 2 penguin 200 filters, light hood with new lights, and also has a stealth pro heater (not sure if it is one of the ones on recall or not will have to look into that or if one of you guys know that would be great) I am new to the forum and have never bought a tank currently have a 20 gal tall planted tank just curious if you guys think I should jump on this or is it an average price????

Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #202
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid22
Was wondering if you guys can help me with something I have stumbled across someone selling a 36 gallon bow front glass aquarium, 2 penguin 200 filters, light hood with new lights, and also has a stealth pro heater (not sure if it is one of the ones on recall or not will have to look into that or if one of you guys know that would be great) I am new to the forum and have never bought a tank currently have a 20 gal tall planted tank just curious if you guys think I should jump on this or is it an average price????
You forgot to mention the price.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #203
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

You forgot to mention the price.
Haha 200
Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #204
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Nice stand included also
Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 AM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Not a super great price but not too bad either. I got my 30 gallon used from an LFS with a stand and extras for about the same. Although I also found a 56 with stand and extras for 80 on craigslist.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #206
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid22 View Post
I would ask them what is your best price....then depending on what it is, 150 or less, if they say more than $150, I would still ask, I was thinking it would be a good value for $150, could we make that work?

Bowfronts are really pretty!!! Bowfronts seem to sell for around that amount, $150 including stand, used with stuff. I spent about a year looking for a cheap 46G bowfront and they were always around $200, and the 36G was running around $150, with stuff, where I live. Ended up with the 72G for $200 with tons of stuff (if you read the post)

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #207
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just emailed on a 46 gallon bowfront and stand w/ a ton of extras and a 6 inch albino oscar for 50$. (I'll trade the oscar in for store credit) I hope I get it! I look everyday for great deals but always feel just a little crazy for doing it....do I really need ANOTHER tank?!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #208
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
Just emailed on a 46 gallon bowfront and stand w/ a ton of extras and a 6 inch albino oscar for 50$. (I'll trade the oscar in for store credit) I hope I get it! I look everyday for great deals but always feel just a little crazy for doing it....do I really need ANOTHER tank?!
Hope you do too!!! Yeah, just a little crazy, lol.

My husband told be today I should get another Edge 6.6G tank. A number of months ago he came unglued when I suggested, I planned to get another one. Me and the fishes (and shrimp and snails) are winning him over!!! hahaha!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #209
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well the person never emailed back-- BUT I got a clarity plus acrylic 90 gallon (2 45s connected in the middle by swim tubes) the hood and stand for 150$!!! My fiancee thinks im nuts lol. I cant wait to get it cleaned up and running! have no clue what ill stock it with yet?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
Well the person never emailed back-- BUT I got a clarity plus acrylic 90 gallon (2 45s connected in the middle by swim tubes) the hood and stand for 150$!!! My fiancee thinks im nuts lol. I cant wait to get it cleaned up and running! have no clue what ill stock it with yet?
I hate when they don't e-mail back! Had this happen twice. Once on a group of free Elders. And the second time was a free 46 gallon with everything! This was free because the tank needed to be resealed.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com