Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #281
Aquarium Advice Activist

My god it hurts to live in Australia. We have gumtree, which is pretty much our CL equivalent. People ask hundreds for 15gals

Edit: just came across a 23gal octagonal tank, seller wanted $600! That's with no accessories or equipment, just tank, stand and hood.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #282
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtez View Post
My god it hurts to live in Australia. We have gumtree, which is pretty much our CL equivalent. People ask hundreds for 15gals

Edit: just came across a 23gal octagonal tank, seller wanted $600! That's with no accessories or equipment, just tank, stand and hood.
Oh that's mostly what we get here. Someone put up a brand new 10g (no stand or anything) for 80$... The worse part? Petcos $ per gallon sale was going on at that time.

3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyfishies View Post

Oh that's mostly what we get here. Someone put up a brand new 10g (no stand or anything) for 80$... The worse part? Petcos $ per gallon sale was going on at that time.
10Gs are only 13$ here... Lol
Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #284
Aquarium Advice Freak

I got my 75 gallon for $35. I placed an ad looking for a 55 for $40 and got an email offering me the 75 for $35. What a great person.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #285
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtez View Post

Yeah, that sucks. I got a 20 gallon hex with a stand for $35 at a thrift shop this summer.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #286
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Do you find it is best to list your own things on CL? Do you find that you care about the condition the tank or equipment is in?

I've only ever given things away on CL and nothing to do with live animals so I'm curious how much I'm missing out on!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #287
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I usually list things on craigslist if i cant sell them through fb groups or friends. And it depends on what im looking at and how much they want. Obviously if they want next to nothing for it, you cant expect it to be in perfect shape
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #288
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sometimes great deals and sometimes not but feeling sorry for you in Australia. Is it just so expensive for shipping in equipment? I do understand how it is about the live creatures. There are some crazy prices for things I have seen mentioned on here.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #289
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Sometimes great deals and sometimes not but feeling sorry for you in Australia. Is it just so expensive for shipping in equipment? I do understand how it is about the live creatures. There are some crazy prices for things I have seen mentioned on here.
Yeah it is pretty bad. A lot of stuff even though it's made in china, get staken straight to America and then for us we have to pay shipping to the other side of the world :/ I haven't tried buying aquarium things internationally yet, but it's a killer for things like clothes, and generally retailers here bump up prices because they can.

For example a pair of vans shoes cost about 45 over in the US, but you're lucky to find them for less than 90 here. And if you go to buy them online, you can buy them for 45 from the US but then you pay 45 again for shipping :/

But even going to the LFS you feel the price difference. I recently bought a 15litre (about 4gal) tank (in built filter and clip on led) and it cost me 100 dollars. The API master test kit costs $60, Prime is $40.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #290
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The funniest thing just happened to me on craigslist. I put up a ad for selling my bala shark and said I was willing to trade for some cool larger cichlids. So this guy got back to me and we've been working out a deal. Turns out this guy is my goalie coach for soccer. We've known each other for the past 4 months and never once has aquaria ever come up. He's very into it too.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com