Craigslist Good Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that he says he will talk with interesting persons lol and interesting was misspelled :D

this deal was not a deal, it was crap. $100 for a tank that wasnt close to being 35 gallons. went to the guy's house and the tank was still running, I was there to pick it up! He had a 55 gallon tank with two of the biggest oscars I've ever seen, in the dirtiest water I've ever seen. He must have thought I was a fool. I told him "i'd get back to him" since he wasted my time, he's been blowing up my phone ever since.

BUT, on the good side, I just found a 44 gallon corner tank exactly like the one I have, with the stand, hood and light, for $30 :dance:

"Hi and thanks for looking. I am rehoming my 2 clown fish, my male and female yellow watchman gobys, my live sand, my live rocks, the green brittle starfish, the snails, and all the chemicals that I have. I am asking $125 for all of it. Currently everything is in my 55 gallon tank. The live rock are huge boulders and some smaller rocks. I would like to have these gone today as I am wanting to turn my tank into freshwater since I now work 6 days a week and do not have the time to care for it the way it needs to be. The chemicals are 3/4 full if not almost completely as I just bought them at aquatic critter. Please call me or email with offers as soon as possible as this is my only weekend off to get this done."

Almost got these, but had to change plans midstream.

I priced the fish individually later, and the gobies were the priciest fish.
She has 50 lbs of live sand. Great deal, but just did not work out for me.

We just picked up a 55gal stand, aquarium, and hood for $80. Came with 70gal filter and heater, along with substrate and a few decorative pieces that we won't be using. He was asking $125 for everything as a saltwater set up, but we didn't take the protein skimmer he had. We need to do some repairs to the stand, but otherwise it's in great shape.

not too bad of a deal. even $125 with the skimmer isnt bad. skimmers alone go for $100 in my area

Picked up a tank from a garage sale ad in Craigslist. It just said "aquarium" in the list of stuff.

I show up and it's an oak colored 29 All Glass with matching stand, glass lid, light, about five air pumps, a nice old Marineland 170 that still works and a bunch of other stuff that's headed for the garbage.

$25 for all. It's filthy, but nothing a little cleaner can't fix and make look good as new.

I got a deal today actually 10 gal, 30 gal, 55 gal with hood, filter, and stand for all except the 10 gal did not come with a stand for $100 and everything is running good on it so I don't think that was a bad deal at all.

Picked up a tank from a garage sale ad in Craigslist. It just said "aquarium" in the list of stuff.

I show up and it's an oak colored 29 All Glass with matching stand, glass lid, light, about five air pumps, a nice old Marineland 170 that still works and a bunch of other stuff that's headed for the garbage.

$25 for all. It's filthy, but nothing a little cleaner can't fix and make look good as new.

SCORE. (y)

just picked this up this morning and got it all back together about 2 hours ago, everyone seems happy so for my first salt tank I think I've made a good start

image-2400834796.jpg

full tank shot after resetting up

image-3779935242.jpg

some of the new friends

Attachments

• image-3175327575.jpg
    image-3175327575.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 129
A 75 gallon with a overflow, a wet dry sump, a 800 dollar coral light system that works, custom stand, 250

A 20 gallon wit bio wheel filter, light, broken hood 10 bucks

A 10 gallon hood lights heater air pump 20 bucks(not that great of a deal but they run 40 bucks new here and I turned it into my qt)

I'm in talks now for an 100 gallon custom stand hood lights for 80 bucks

A 55 gallon with everything for 100 bucks

Back
Top Bottom