Craigslist Good Finds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hpiguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
We have a funny thread about Craigslist Insanity.

Let's have one about good stuff you bought and sweet deals you found either Craigslist or local, garage sales, ebay, etc.

I went this week and picked up a 29, top (Stow A Lite oldy) , iron old fashioned stand, and box of "misc" from a local seller. $15

I didn't look in the box, but it was full of stuff, figured it has to have something I could use. She promised the tank was just fine. It was clean, and she claims to have used it within a few years.

Got the 29 home and filled it up on the deck to test. Six inches of water and it leaked like a sieve. Every single corner leaked. Fast leaks. Bummer. That found a new home today with a friend that keeps reptiles. Will work great for that.

The stand is great. Rock solid, just dirty and in need of TLC. I'm going to prime and paint it gloss back. Fits tanks top and bottom, worth the $15 alone.

Open the big box and this is where I got happy.

New in box UG filter, meh, not for me, but I can sell it.

Three powerheads, two DOA, one 550 model works great, that can be used somewhere.

Supra 3 air pump, dual outlet. Old school white pyramid shape. Hooked up some lines, plugged in and WOW, it's as strong as brand new and quiet. Win!

Marineland Penguin 110 h.o.b. filter with numerous brand new cartridges. Filled with water, hung on wash basin, works perfect and doesn't rattle. Another win. Small tank filter or bio only for supplemental on bigger tank.

Get to bottom of the box, what's this? Brand new in box with manuals, submersible heaters and tank shelves! Plural!

I've been looking for tank shelves forever and can't find any at good prices. Here I have a bunch of them, new! Woohoo! Now I'm jazzed.

Under those, Supreme Heetmaster submersible heaters, 200 watts. All new in the boxes, manuals, everything. Untouched. Yeah, I know, some say no way, but I'll test them each for a week in the wash basin. They'll be perfect for tanks with smaller fish that can't break them.

Between what I'll sell a few shelves for and some heaters, I'll end up making some money and getting stuff I can use. Makes up for being bummed over the leaky tank for sure.

Check it out, one of each for sample:

img_2044184_0_54e41a95a272b9678b1a7c9ed84f796e.jpg

So, what have you found? :cool:

Not too long ago I bought a 100 gallon tank with stand and fluval 405 along with a bunch of extras for $80 dollars. And that same day another person was giving away 10 African cichlids because they were moving away.
I also got a free 20 and 30 gallon on Craigslist. It came with fish. Both came with filters and bubble makers. Also a bunch of extras. One even came with a stand. Talk about a steal

my 44 gallon corner came with the stand, hood, lights, uv sterilizer, a fluval canister, 2 powerheads, sand and live rock all for $80. that broke me until the next payday, but I had to jump on it. the uv sterilzer was huge, but I dont know if it works or not, dont know how to set it up lol, the lights were dead and the canister was dead (kinda).

my 75 came with the stand and a box of misc decorations and a bunch of lava rock for $150. found a protein skimmer for $50 but had to sell it because it wont fit under the tank.

Its a daily ritual to look on CL everyday, whether I got the money or not or even have room for anything LOL

[QUOTE="pcdebb"

Its a daily ritual to look on CL everyday, whether I got the money or not or even have room for anything LOL[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing. I just missed a amazing deal on a 125 with canopy and stand and all lights for salt water a while back. They were giving it away cause they bought a house and it was left inside. I was bummed
I am working on a deal now for a 55 with hood lights and accessories for 50 dollars. I hope I get it

I found a guy from Craigslist in my area that advertised shutting his Frag store down. I got Acans that I see this week at my LFS for $25 pet head for 3 heads for $8. A birdsnest colony for $30, and many other sweet deals Needless to say I left there with a big bag of frags and a wife with a discerning eye lol. Some pics:

Went and picked up a 50 gallon for 20$ :) not to bad and also getting a 125 for 65$ just needs a new top

i got my 180g with stand, fluval fx5, sump, and tons of other accessories and possibly a 30g nursery tank for $400
and im trying to convice my parents on a 90g everthing included $200, 90g and 80g for $85 and a free 55g
hope it all goes over well :)

Just picked up a 1050 koralia, a 1400 koralia and a mag 9.5. All brand new in the box, for $100. Guy just closed down pet store.

I got my 90 gallon tank and stand for free. Bought filter and heater etc and ran it for 6 months. Just picked up a tank only 125 for free! I'm building a stand for it. So, I listed my 90 and got $500 cash!!!

pcdebb said:
my 44 gallon corner came with the stand, hood, lights, uv sterilizer, a fluval canister, 2 powerheads, sand and live rock all for $80. that broke me until the next payday, but I had to jump on it. the uv sterilzer was huge, but I dont know if it works or not, dont know how to set it up lol, the lights were dead and the canister was dead (kinda).

my 75 came with the stand and a box of misc decorations and a bunch of lava rock for $150. found a protein skimmer for $50 but had to sell it because it wont fit under the tank.

Its a daily ritual to look on CL everyday, whether I got the money or not or even have room for anything LOL

Yeah, it's on my list of things to do too.

The deals keep rolling in. Picking up 4 tanks this weekend.

120 - $50
50 - free
120 with stand - 65
60 with stand,sump, heater, filters, lights, and whatever else he said he could find - trading him a iPod I got for helping a friend fix his car :)

Marshallc said:

120 - $50
50 - free
120 with stand - 65
60 with stand,sump, heater, filters, lights, and whatever else he said he could find - trading him a iPod I got for helping a friend fix his car :)

I have never found anything near that good.

Marshallc said:

120 - $50
50 - free
120 with stand - 65

How many tanks do you have

Last month I picked up a 56 gallon column tank with a stand and a light for $75 plus a big magfloat for $2, a nice air pump for $3, a 150 watt Ebo Jäger heater for $2, and I got a hob filter for free. Some guy got an ultimatum from his wife to go from 7 tanks down to 2 so they went on Craigslist, and he had a shed full of decor and equipment that he was selling with the tanks dirt cheap.

Currently running 3 going to take 1 down and set up a 125,60 and a 30 so I'll have 5 going lol

Boy some of you sure are lucky.

I search my Clist daily and never see deals like that.

Back
Top Bottom