Craigslist Insanity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol people are funny. But you never know! I mean if that tank comes with full on LEDS awesome protein skimmer, sump, and livestock i think i would take that deal..... :) haha

Here's another tale of CL insanity. In the free section someone posted that they were placing a 125 gallon tank that holds water on the curb. Shame I couldn't get it car is too small for it.

These posts are pretty funny. I never buy from craigslist. most posts are radiculous. My LFS is really good. they have 2 huge tables in the back where people bring in used equip and tanks. They sell at a great price. I got a 24 inch T5 4 bulb light fixture with bulbs, 2 actinic 2 10k, for 75 bucks. works great has independant switches and cooling fan built in. 300 retail for this. I wish this place was closer for everyone to use. If ur ever in MO, its in Chesterfield on Manchester rs, called, Saltwater Island.

Toddww1 said:
These posts are pretty funny. I never buy from craigslist. most posts are radiculous. My LFS is really good. they have 2 huge tables in the back where people bring in used equip and tanks. They sell at a great price. I got a 24 inch T5 4 bulb light fixture with bulbs, 2 actinic 2 10k, for 75 bucks. works great has independant switches and cooling fan built in. 300 retail for this. I wish this place was closer for everyone to use. If ur ever in MO, its in Chesterfield on Manchester rs, called, Saltwater Island.

I almost bought from craigslist once, I had posted on there looking for a bigger fish tank and some guy emailed me saying that he had a 55 gallon for 100, turns out it was just the tank nothing included. Glad I didn't buy it because that would have been a total waste, especially since I can wait for Petco to have the dollar a gallon sale and buy a brand new one for half that price

I got lucky a few years ago when I was looking for something to start a BW tank.

I found an 80g, w/ a Fluval 405, oak stand, Coralife twin bulb CFL lighting, CO2 set-up (tank included), python, and 3 boxes of stuff for $250.00.

I parted out what I wanted, sold off what I didn't in a yard sale.

Well,

I found the hobbyist that are serious about Fish keeping have a clue on value.
I got a 35 gallon Hex Tank, with hood, Stand and an AquaClear 70 filter for 60 bucks.
The Tank was is great shape, but I needed to recondition the stand. I thought that was fair.

what kills me the people who spend 150 bucks on a 10 gallon set up and looking to recoup it all back.

I've gotten several great deals on Cl, just takes some persistence. But yeah, there's tons of overpriced junk because some people think that the tank's value is comparable to the crazy lfs prices.

I've gotten several great deals on Cl, just takes some persistence. But yeah, there's tons of overpriced junk because some people think that the tank's value is comparable to the crazy lfs prices.

+1 to that...I got lucky that time. Now I just stick to my contacts within the hobby and try to Barter or get a decent price.

"not an actual ad just something I found on Craigslist so don't think I'm trying to sell this"

All Glass Aquarium. 20 Gallon long 36" X 17" X 12". Excellent Condiltion! Only asking $175 OBO Includes:

Oak stand
double filter system
hood
light
some plastic plants
magnet glass cleaner
fish net
blue rock (if you want it)

Moving to a smaller house so I no longer have room for it! Let me know if you are interested! check out the pics!

Lunchbox209 said:
All Glass Aquarium. 20 Gallon long 36" X 17" X 12". Excellent Condiltion! Only asking $175 OBO Includes:

Oak stand
double filter system
hood
light
some plastic plants
magnet glass cleaner
fish net
blue rock (if you want it)

Moving to a smaller house so I no longer have room for it! Let me know if you are interested! check out the pics!

Ooooo what kind of blue rock? For that price that "blue rock" better be a sapphire

Wonder if he also knows those dimensions are not a 20 long lol more like a 40 or so

butterfly_koi said:
Haha here's one for ya

55 Gallon Fish Tank Coffee Table - $550

Basically they just set a piece of thin glass on top and named it a coffee table that doesn't leave that part of the wall because it has to be plugged in. lol

Lmao I needed a good laugh thank you for that

Is it glass? Looks more like ply wood that had been laminated...?

butterfly_koi said:
Haha here's one for ya

55 Gallon Fish Tank Coffee Table - $550

Basically they just set a piece of thin glass on top and named it a coffee table that doesn't leave that part of the wall because it has to be plugged in. lol

Looks kind of cool. It's safe until your walking around at night, smack your knee on the corner and have 55 gallons of water on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom