Craigslist Insanity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On almost every bottle of water conditioner I have seen, it says "Do not use if fish are intended for human consumption." There is something in it that apparently makes us sick........

I think that's a catch-all since anything you give to any animal intended for food is going to be monitored and regulated by the FDA. I haven't seen it in a while, but in the late 80's I worked in the trade and we carried penicillin and erythromycin for aquariums that carried the same warning. I don't belevie it was "denatured" but was labelled as such to keep the production controls off.

Does anyone have the link to the guidelines for pricing used tanks? I think I saw it in this thread.

It mentioned the $1 per gallon rule or something similar.

Help?

aim for 50 cents a gallon to start with. Use what the tank comes with to base your price. I ask these questions right off the bat when buying.

Does it Leak?
What does it come with, hood lights filters Fish(will I have to rehome them if I dont want them), a stand
Can I see a pic.
Why are you getting rid of it(I had a guy selling a tank with Lab confirmed Fish TB. thats a no no to me. You can kill that stuff with fire from what Ive read

If it is a pair system, no filter lights hoods etc I try 25 cents. Tank and stand only 50 cents. Then anything else from there. Clearly if it comes with everything I will pay more. You can get really good deals on CL, just have to watch what your getting, you could be buying a headache.

tarpon said:
a full grown goldfish wouldn't even fit in there with fins extended!

The $10 tank I talked my husband into... The person emailed me back and said there is no filter on the tank. Poor fish! Hopefully I can go pick it up later today.

Bearchumjs said:
The $10 tank I talked my husband into... The person emailed me back and said there is no filter on the tank. Poor fish! Hopefully I can go pick it up later today.

He should be one happy fish soon!

He wants 800$ or trade.....

Attachments

• image-4176395241.jpg
    image-4176395241.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1191368637.jpg
    image-1191368637.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 97
Khij159753 said:
How on earth do you figure that's what it's worth?

Well you see, when you sell a fish tank used the value goes up by at least 600%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom