Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just got my dainty cories today, and I have them in my qt tank. Since I have no substrate in there, they are zooming back and forth on the bottom, and they look like those speed race ice skaters!
Then all of a sudden they stop.
Blink.
And just lie very still with their gills moving.
Then ZOOM off again in the blink of an eye.
I love them already.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #132

I decided to keep those other "green" cories even though they dont look like the "green" ones i previously bought. I mentioned earlier they were hanging out together so i thought things would work out.. well that was a understatement.. lol

I find myself watchin them alot more bc i will see something out the corner of my eye n when i look its my cories going crazy. They look like they r practicing a swimming number..lol they start on the bottom all separate then swim to the front glass n go in circles then 2 goes out while 2 moves in .. then they start going up and down the front glass together .. then after several minutes they are done n go lay back down ..lol its crazy then alot of the time my 1 albino joins them while the other watches n hamgs with the otos.. my gourami just starrs at them like they are nuts... lol

Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Freak

Love that. I swear mine are practicing for the Olympics sometimes!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Freak

Synchronized swimming cories...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #135

Its funny to watch.. im gomna add 2 more albino n see of they dtart up too ..
Old 03-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm still entertained by my blind one that discovers there's a wall there when he hits it. He does this a good 20+ times before lying down. You'd think he'd remember he hit something there, but no.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #137
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tonight the kid was wondering what was going on with the crown tail betta flaring on the sand in the corner... across the way there is my big fat green cory just staring at him. It was like watching a kitten fluffed up trying to be all fierce lolol.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

New baby!

I didn't have it, but adopted it, for $4.99, lol! It is a orange lazer, I only know this as it is orangish and has a lazer stripe...

1.5 hour away lfs had a bunch of tanks of bunches of cories of all kinds "mixed", any 4.99.

There were soooo many. That was the only one like it in the store though.

There was another couple which had brown circles, not dots, and a tan body never have seen any like it before, looked at all the pics on planet catfish and didn't see it???

They had something else I might want so I may go back and see they are still there. Also one which after looking looked like a Adolphoi which I noticed run $30-50 on line, is that right?

I acclimated him, 1.25 inches, and he's still zipping around but mostly hiding and keeping to himself so far. There bronze/green cories and the Emerald Brochis .....

oh oh, I dropped some wafers a while ago and the new one is over with all of them eating!!!!!!!!!!

Went for the phone to get a pic and scared them in every direction. now the little guy is hiding again.

Dropped a couple more wafers! It is sooo cute. It was almost all golden/pale from the 2.5 hour trip home, last night. Now it is getting a bit more color, brighter!

Got a pretty good pic and at the top above him you can see the side of my Albino Bristlenose! And the Nerite eggs on the dw.

[IMG][/IMG]

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I didn't have it, but adopted it, for $4.99, lol! It is a orange lazer, I only know this as it is orangish and has a lazer stripe...

1.5 hour away lfs had a bunch of tanks of bunches of cories of all kinds "mixed", any 4.99.

There were soooo many. That was the only one like it in the store though.

There was another couple which had brown circles, not dots, and a tan body never have seen any like it before, looked at all the pics on planet catfish and didn't see it???

They had something else I might want so I may go back and see they are still there. Also one which after looking looked like a Adolphoi which I noticed run $30-50 on line, is that right?

I acclimated him, 1.25 inches, and he's still zipping around but mostly hiding and keeping to himself so far. There bronze/green cories and the Emerald Brochis .....

oh oh, I dropped some wafers a while ago and the new one is over with all of them eating!!!!!!!!!!

Went for the phone to get a pic and scared them in every direction. now the little guy is hiding again.

Dropped a couple more wafers! It is sooo cute. It was almost all golden/pale from the 2.5 hour trip home, last night. Now it is getting a bit more color, brighter!

Got a pretty good pic and at the top above him you can see the side of my Albino Bristlenose! And the Nerite eggs on the dw.

[/IMG]
He's so cute! Love cories mine are always on the go definitely the most active fish i have
Old 03-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Freak

I love my cories so much that I just got a new 20L which I will be setting up primarily as a cory sandbox, planted of course.

I will be moving my cory pack out of the 36 so the Bristlenose Pleco's can have the floor all to themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3861473768.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	157423   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1049431645.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	157424  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3726204770.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	157425   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-137158295.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	157426  

Magicmarymac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cory, corys

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com