Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #201
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a 55g with 6 cories, 5 ghost shrimp, a rainbow shark, pleco, 2 drawf Gouramis, yoyo loach, 2 skunk loaches and 10 platys. I have three filters on it. My ammonia is always 0. I do a pwc of 35% or so once every 9-10 days. Everything goes great. That website would say I'm way overstocked. My point is it's your tank. You know how and why to keep your levels correct. As long as they stay fine, do what you want.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #202

Yea i think im gonna add 6 pandas and 2 more albinos for sure bc they are my husbands fav and i luv watching the cories play ..

Old 03-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #203
Aquarium Advice Freak

Funny pic, and sad news. First I think this pic is great, an odd shot if a cory hanging out in an odd place. Second I'm extremely disappointed that one of my smaller albino cories I add, I found missing an eye ball last night and in rough shape, today I found he succumbed to his injury, very sad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3397130318.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	160273  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #204
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sad day.... all 3 of mine have velvet..... so I hope they make it they are some of.my favorite in my tank
Old 03-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've had velvet on a betta. Now I'm at the end of Ich treatment. I feel ya.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Regular

Aw, well this thread is perfect!

I just picked up a little albino corydora that looked so lonely in the tank to put in with my 2 other albinos. I had a julii, but he wasn't very friendly with the others, and I lost him to an ich break out in my tank :/ everything has been cleaned out, new filter, everyone else is doing great.

When I put the little one in there, he was a little shy at first but then one of the bigger ones saw him and got SOO excited! They remind me of little dogs in their behavior! Bumping each other with their face, snuggling right next to them, wiggling their fins. I thought maybe the wiggly fins was a mating behavior? But I looked up breeding behavior, and it doesn't look like the same thing... not sure if more experienced people could give me some insight with that?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mine do the same thing. They get excited to see each other. Some do keep to themselves, everyone has their own little personality
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm trying to figure out if they are any males in the group. You think they know who's who? I have one potential female (very big around the belly), and then the other one.. not sure if it's a female or a male. Do females court other females at all? The only thing I can think of is that the newest one is male, and that's why they freaked out so much when they saw each other, but i have NO clue... Their fins all look pretty "female" so hard to tell :/
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsteridea View Post
Aw, well this thread is perfect!

I just picked up a little albino corydora that looked so lonely in the tank to put in with my 2 other albinos. I had a julii, but he wasn't very friendly with the others, and I lost him to an ich break out in my tank :/ everything has been cleaned out, new filter, everyone else is doing great.

When I put the little one in there, he was a little shy at first but then one of the bigger ones saw him and got SOO excited! They remind me of little dogs in their behavior! Bumping each other with their face, snuggling right next to them, wiggling their fins. I thought maybe the wiggly fins was a mating behavior? But I looked up breeding behavior, and it doesn't look like the same thing... not sure if more experienced people could give me some insight with that?
That's why I call my albinos puppies!
Magicmarymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anybody else's Cory cats get super hyped up and on a major espresso rush when they gravel vac? It drives me nuts. Always straight at my vac.

Tags
cory, corys

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com