Crazy Corys Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love. My. Cory.

I have ten albino cory in a 36, including one baby (not albino), from the last unexpected breeding. Not counted in this are at least two fry from the last breeding. They are in a breeding net-box.

Albino cory are my favorites as they seem much less skittish, and I like to SEE my fish! I briefly had some false Julii, but they hid allllll the time.

Next, I want to get some Pygmy Cory...

Mary

:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 134
I have ten albino cory in a 36, including one baby (not albino), from the last unexpected breeding. Not counted in this are at least two fry from the last breeding. They are in a breeding net-box.

Albino cory are my favorites as they seem much less skittish, and I like to SEE my fish! I briefly had some false Julii, but they hid allllll the time.

Next, I want to get some Pygmy Cory...

Mary

:thanks:

Aww what cute pics! I have albinos as well, don't find mine skittish at all like you. Always on the go very active :)

Man my new cories have really brought some life into the tank, when the lights went on today I found one of the little ones trying to school with my tetras! When he got fed up f that he went off and pushed one of the other new cories making him go for a ride in the bubbles! They are crazy fish. Tried to get a pic of him with the tetras but they're still a bit nervous when I go near the tank

They are such fun, mine (sterbai) also try and join my tetra's....or the tetra's are trying to join in the little Cory gang. I would too, they always look like they are on a mission!! :)

This thread is so hilarious I'm about to get some Cory's from my friend who bred them. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! From y'all's stories they are amazing fish so I can't wait to get mine.

More baby cory photos

Attachments

• image-979657557.jpg
    image-979657557.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2234684920.jpg
    image-2234684920.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2124119099.jpg
    image-2124119099.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1916173146.jpg
    image-1916173146.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I'm trying to get mine to spawn. It looks like I have 2 males and 1 female, and one of the males is getting too old for this crap. The female is younger than my males so she's a little hardheaded.

Update on my shy sterbais: yesterday I saw them doing the Cory dance for the first time ever! In fact it looked like they were playing monkey in the middle with a cory on each side and a pair of platy fry swimming back and forth between them. Too cute! Nothing has changed in my tank, so maybe they are finally getting comfy. I would love to get them some more sterbai buddies, but that tank is totally overstocked until I sell some platy fry. Geez they bred worse than bunnies! ;)

Like I say. Platys, guppies, mollies, and swordtails breed like tribbles. Best directions for breeding them: Step 1: put a male and a female in the same tank; Step 2: provide food. Done.

LOVE them :love:

Waiting to find dwarf Cories where I can get a good deal. The lfs has the Pygmy and Habrosus sometimes when they are available from their supplier. Now that my big tank is up, I have to make decisions about the other tanks and what will go in them!!! But there WILL be a big bunch of dwarf Cories!!!

They are usually around 2.-2.49, depends on if the lfs does a 4 for $XX.00 special.

My albinos have laid eggs again! Wonder if I, ll get any survivors this time :)

My guys are going crazy in their tank at te moment...so much that I even checked the water to see if there was a problem!!!

My guys are going crazy in their tank at te moment...so much that I even checked the water to see if there was a problem!!!

....sorry sent before I'd finished...they are 'flying' across the tank and then diving vertically, almost landing on some of my bemused cardinals!! All normal I hope for these rather 'special' fish ;-D

....sorry sent before I'd finished...they are 'flying' across the tank and then diving vertically, almost landing on some of my bemused cardinals!! All normal I hope for these rather 'special' fish ;-D

When I was trying to get them to spawn, one would go to the top and nose-dive right at the "latch-on" spot. Missed every time. Landed too hard and would face plant in the sand. I could totally hear it going "Dangit! So close! I'm gonna get it this time!" And repeat exact same procedure. With exact same results.

When I was trying to get them to spawn, one would go to the top and nose-dive right at the "latch-on" spot. Missed every time. Landed too hard and would face plant in the sand. I could totally hear it going "Dangit! So close! I'm gonna get it this time!" And repeat exact same procedure. With exact same results.

Hahah, they are nutters! Glad to hear others have seen this...had mild freak out and thought something was wrong!

Hahah, they are nutters! Glad to hear others have seen this...had mild freak out and thought something was wrong!

Nah. Just cranky aroused fish. Before that they like to play "All Aboard the Cory Cat Bus!" They're so weird. I feel bad for Lurch when they do that. He's losing his eyesight so they have to signal him when it's time to turn. It's cute to see them figure out how to take care of the blind one, but I still feel bad watching him all confused cuz he can't find his friends unless they tap him.

Nah. Just cranky aroused fish. Before that they like to play "All Aboard the Cory Cat Bus!" They're so weird. I feel bad for Lurch when they do that. He's losing his eyesight so they have to signal him when it's time to turn. It's cute to see them figure out how to take care of the blind one, but I still feel bad watching him all confused cuz he can't find his friends unless they tap him.

That is v cute, they work a buddy system to look after him!! Smart fish :)

Back
Top Bottom