Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-05-2014, 02:46 AM   #301
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sorry to hear. I understand. I was crushed when the 5 baby Laser Cories didn't make it through QT.

I say let the little guy live, since in a way he is SO strong and obviously able to over come his disability.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:42 AM   #302
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well I am on the way back to Crazy Cories, my daughter was given two Bronze Cories and they are in QT right now, about to come out though, but they are having a great time and having lots of fun scurrying up and down the glass.

I am now looking for a small shoal of Dwarf Cories, the kind will likely just depend on what I can get. Just talked to a lfs owner and he was saying how he can get 40 different kinds of fish most people have never heard of, and I was just drooling! lol.

Hey any and all Cory fry raisers we have a member who needs help with the babies, their Crazy Cories keep getting fry babies please PM the member or post to the thread here
Help cory fry

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #303
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok I need to ask a question, it might sound stupid but I'd like a few peoples opinion

I'm going to be putting sand in my cory tank,

When I was on groups on Facebook people were saying use kids play sand, it's safe just rinse it out loads

I was wondering if any of you have used play sand, as I don't want to put it in and kill my corys

I'll be doing this when I upgrade there tank which is very soon

Sent from my fish phone
Old 08-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #304
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by meliboouk View Post
Ok I need to ask a question, it might sound stupid but I'd like a few peoples opinion

I'm going to be putting sand in my cory tank,

When I was on groups on Facebook people were saying use kids play sand, it's safe just rinse it out loads

I was wondering if any of you have used play sand, as I don't want to put it in and kill my corys

I'll be doing this when I upgrade there tank which is very soon
Sent from my fish phone
Many people use play sand. I preferred construction sand (before I knew about sand blasting sand.) It was a certain type formulated to be for setting driveway pavers. QUIKRETE you can see what I mean by looking it up on the online. Since you aren't in the US you probably don't have this brand.

So another option is pool filter sand.

And another is sand blasting media sand. I have used Garnet sand and it was $18 for 40 or 50 lbs. And Pink purple color. The best thing about using sand blasting sand is that it is really clean. And sorted by grit size.

Here we can get different kinds at farm supply stores, and sand blasting media supply companies, especially if you are in or near a larger city. Otherwise could be kinda expensive through a middleman store.

Here is a Crazy Cory Pic with Garnet sand so you can see the color and size. You can do a search here on AA and you will find my previous threads all about it. "Garnet Sand"

There are many other varieties from the company too. If you aren't up for the pink/purple look there are other gemstone sands and just other brown and black and some whiteish ones as well. You would still need to rinse it but there is almost nothing to rinse. So I would vote for sand blasting sand!

Community Rules

Old 08-26-2014, 12:53 AM   #305
Aquarium Advice Freak

Okay, my turn! I used to have two cories, one named Bubbles, the other Copy Cat, they where always together then one day I look in my tank to see bubbles literally playing in my bubble stream, a few minutes later I come back and they are both frolicking in it! After they discovered this unique toy, every time I turned on the tank lights they would go crazy playing in the bubbles! Gotta love cories!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #306
Aquarium Advice Regular

I love reading all these stories, corys are so funny. I used to have four bronze corys, I think they were three little males and one giant female that was the leader of the little shoal. Everywhere she went the little males would just follow her around like a little entourage. It was funny watching her just laze across the tank looking for food with the hyper little ones swimming over each other following.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #307
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got a group of five peppered cories! So fun!

Old 10-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #308
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76 View Post
Got a group of five peppered cories! So fun!

Just now? Funny, I got the exact same number of the exact saame kind with my Rams last week The rams started spawning and the poor things just kept blundering into the very irritated rams.

My favorite cory story is from the sterbais I put in my 150 gallon tank a few months ago- it's an unorthodox size, 2 feet deep, and the corydoras never made it to the bottom... instead they found the school of giant danios and decided they were one and the same! This went on for days- the corydoras schooled with the danios and fit in quite nicely. Eventually they did discover the bottom of the tank and the nice bed of plastic grass to hide in.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #309
Aquarium Advice Addict

Crazy Corys Anonymous

My cories think they are little plecos apparently they keep swimming up the walls and chillin on the glass. They like my rams a bit too much though, they keep swimming with them.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #310
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a group of 4 peppereds. My big one is like 3 years old and the other three I just bought at my LFS and all the little ones just love laying next to or sometimes on top of the big one.

Tags
cory, corys

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com