Crazy Corys Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is v cute, they work a buddy system to look after him!! Smart fish :)

That's what I thought. When I first noticed his eyesight was failing, he kept nose-diving straight into the lava rock while the others would dodge it. Then the night after he was hiding behind the anacharis and wouldn't venture more than a few inches out and would panic if something touched him. I felt so bad for him. I didn't wanna euthanize just because he can't see, but he looked so miserable trapped in a few inches of tank. Was telling a friend of mine about it when the other two figured out how to help him school with them. They would softly tap his gill cover thingies to tell him it was time to turn around. They helped him sift around the whole tank that way too. Of course, that night, I was all "I love these fish."

That's what I thought. When I first noticed his eyesight was failing, he kept nose-diving straight into the lava rock while the others would dodge it. Then the night after he was hiding behind the anacharis and wouldn't venture more than a few inches out and would panic if something touched him. I felt so bad for him. I didn't wanna euthanize just because he can't see, but he looked so miserable trapped in a few inches of tank. Was telling a friend of mine about it when the other two figured out how to help him school with them. They would softly tap his gill cover thingies to tell him it was time to turn around. They helped him sift around the whole tank that way too. Of course, that night, I was all "I love these fish."

Me too! Fantastic little guys.....they will be in all my future tanks. ;-p

How sweet!

((((((MELT)))))

That right there is why I love them so much.

I remember when I first got one and at the time did not realize fish have little personalities much like our usual domesticated pets. I quickly realized that the "bottom feeder" not only picked up trash but also put on a show. So adorable they break the cute barrier. :D

Like I say. Platys, guppies, mollies, and swordtails breed like tribbles. Best directions for breeding them: Step 1: put a male and a female in the same tank; Step 2: provide food. Done.

Step three: Open the box...

I have 4 albinos, I'm adding more as soon as I can. 2 have been through hell with fin rot that ate all of there fins(fishy mama fail) I've had them for going on the 3rd year... And 2 I add about 8 months ago. They started in a 10g and moved to a 55g they are loving the 55 with the space to swim. Today I added a really big bubbler when I did the water change . I have to hob filters so I hadn't added one yet because I felt the 2 hobs were enough flow to oxygenate the water. I added
This one that came with the 55 as reallllly long bubbler to see if I would see a change in the fish and the cories absolutely love the bubbles. Love them. They swim through it constantly. I imagine it feels good on there fleshy bodies :) these are my two little loves who's fins have not grown back entirely. I don't know if they ever will but I know they will live the rest of there fishy lives out in the best most Pristine water conditions I can give them. I would never ever keep fish that threatened my Cory's because I love them.

Attachments

• image-3389012054.jpg
    image-3389012054.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 96
Lol. If you use I box. I just used another little tank with my guppies.

That was a reference to an SNL short that shall not be named :p

My big fat green cory was getting that "stuff" again on the left injured point (not sure what to call that) so I put hydrogen peroxide on it again. But apparently the fin was so damaged that this just came off leaving a small point. He seems like he feels much better now that it is cleaned up.

I cannot find the 1/2" albino cory. It sickens me to think about it but it may have accidentally gotten into the water I was changing out. :(

I wish my 5 trilineatus were more outgoing. If something moves within 3 feet of the tank they vanish in the blink of an eye. It's extremely frustrating. Would bumping up the school to 8 help? Any tips?

Okay, I'll get 3 more. I'm getting new fish next week for my birthday (YAY!) so I'll pick them up then. If the DG ends up a bully I have plenty of extra 10 gallons I can house him in.

CinnamonPearl -you just don't always know what the magic number might be, hope that is it. That makes a nice size group. If that doesn't do it I would bet on the DG not playing nice in the sandbox! :whistle:

How is your plant cover?

Sad news today. One of my shy sterbais died. :( checked my water and all was good, so maybe it was just it's time. Strange thing though. Now the other shy sterbai isn't as shy. It actually came out and greeted me during feeding time and has been playing with some of the larger platy fry. It seems like now that it's the only Cory in the tank, it is happier. Weird huh!?!

Sad news today. One of my shy sterbais died. :( checked my water and all was good, so maybe it was just it's time. Strange thing though. Now the other shy sterbai isn't as shy. It actually came out and greeted me during feeding time and has been playing with some of the larger platy fry. It seems like now that it's the only Cory in the tank, it is happier. Weird huh!?!

Maybe it it was just sad for the illness or end of times for the other one.

Back
Top Bottom