Crazy Corys Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my cories so much that I just got a new 20L which I will be setting up primarily as a cory sandbox, planted of course.

I will be moving my cory pack out of the 36 so the Bristlenose Pleco's can have the floor all to themselves.

I want to do that too! But I don't have the space for it in my room and my dad won't let me put a tank anywhere else >.>

Im sooo excited the hubby finally said i can keep all 3 tanks running.. which he has a 2 tank rule.. lol im movimgy africans to the 125g the cories n everything from the 20g h to the 55g n gettin a blue crayfish for the hubby.. ::wink wink:: tjats y he is letting me do all this..lol i cant wait to see all the cories i can have in it and their lil swimming moves

Im sooo excited the hubby finally said i can keep all 3 tanks running.. which he has a 2 tank rule.. lol im movimgy africans to the 125g the cories n everything from the 20g h to the 55g n gettin a blue crayfish for the hubby.. ::wink wink:: tjats y he is letting me do all this..lol i cant wait to see all the cories i can have in it and their lil swimming moves

Awesome!! I really want a blue crayfish (in it's own tank so it won't eat any of my other "babies") but they can survive out of the water and escape the tank. My two dogs would love the challenging snack!!

In my 25G tank, my cory cats (5) were the first additions. They had the whole tank to themselves for a few weeks.. I was finally able to go the lfs, and I bought 1 platy, and 5 gold barbs. The corys who were usually playing all the time now only come out for feeding time. Yesterday I bought 2 GBR and a few assorted tetras and another platy. Dang corys are still pouting they have to share the tank... LOL Spoiled Brats :lol:

My albinos laid eggs today again and look what they did to my cana snail! I suppose they won't get eaten lol

ForumRunner_20130307_130614.jpg

Awesome!! I really want a blue crayfish (in it's own tank so it won't eat any of my other "babies") but they can survive out of the water and escape the tank. My two dogs would love the challenging snack!!

Yea my killers would too..lol i have 2 chihuahuas.. that arent ankle bitters..lol but i found a baby dead lizard yesterday n at first glance thought it was one of my new otos.. im gonna have to be extra careful n take some different measures to insure that thing stays in the tank.. yea definately not puttin it with my fish. Thats why we r moving everything to our 55g bc the hubby wants it bad enough to break his 2tank rule...lol

This is an interesting thread I was going to google if those fish were insane because my three Cory cats are so much fun to watch! They like the Squidward house lol

Attachments

• image-2737124510.jpg
    image-2737124510.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 83
Great picture, that's crazy alright! Really funny!

:popcorn:

What's gonna happen now with the eggs? Will they just stay stuck on there the whole time? Now you will have to tell us what happens!

I think they'll stay stuck lol nobody goes near my big snail so it will be interesting to see what happens! I, ll definitely post hopefully I, ll have babies :)

Yea my killers would too..lol i have 2 chihuahuas.. that arent ankle bitters..lol but i found a baby dead lizard yesterday n at first glance thought it was one of my new otos.. im gonna have to be extra careful n take some different measures to insure that thing stays in the tank.. yea definately not puttin it with my fish. Thats why we r moving everything to our 55g bc the hubby wants it bad enough to break his 2tank rule...lol

I have two Jack Russell Terriers and they have killed lizards, toads, mice, big nasty rats, birds, baby bunny ( I was super upset about that!) and moles. They literally dig the mole out of it's hole! So I'm thinking a crayfish would be no problem for them. Hard to think something so cute could be such killers!

Hitchhiker!

Last night I just got to the point of adding filters and water to my 20L cory sandbox tank before falling into bed exhausted.

image-3046942314.jpg

I moved an established Marineland Penguin from my 36 tank where the parents currently reside, dumping the water from the filter into the bucket of dirty tank water where I was squeezing filter floss from established tanks. The tank was still cloudy when I went to bed, which is next to the tank.

image-2008200572.jpg

When the timed lights came on to the now clearer tank, what did I see?

image-3674939649.jpg

All I can figure is it had been "living" in the filter. Poor thing was VERY skinny. I scooped him up and he is now in the 12 gallon nursery tank.

image-2719847822.jpg

Attachments

• image-875239085.jpg
    image-875239085.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 51
What kind of sand did you use? I am very interested please!

Hitchhiker!

Last night I just got to the point of adding filters and water to my 20L cory sandbox tank before falling into bed exhausted.

View attachment 157859

I moved an established Marineland Penguin from my 36 tank where the parents currently reside, dumping the water from the filter into the bucket of dirty tank water where I was squeezing filter floss from established tanks. The tank was still cloudy when I went to bed, which is next to the tank.

View attachment 157864

When the timed lights came on to the now clearer tank, what did I see?

View attachment 157865

All I can figure is it had been "living" in the filter. Poor thing was VERY skinny. I scooped him up and he is now in the 12 gallon nursery tank.

View attachment 157867

Hitchhiker!

Poor lil thing .. glad you found him though..

Im also interested in what sand you are using.. i have alot of tanks to add sand in and cant find black anywhere but the lfs.. :( dont wanna spend that much

Just added 4 young albino Cory's to my 55 with 4 already in it. Now I have a total of 8. One poor guy took leap into the sink while I was acclimating. I have the worst with dropping cories in the sink... It's nice seeing so much movement. I'm going to add another 4 cories next time I go to the Lfs. They had some really neat polka dot cories, but they were a little pricier and I was being frugal. But at this rate cories and German blue rams are the only tankmates my angels don't pick off one by one.

Back
Top Bottom