Crazy Corys Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just added 4 young albino Cory's to my 55 with 4 already in it. Now I have a total of 8. One poor guy took leap into the sink while I was acclimating. I have the worst with dropping cories in the sink... It's nice seeing so much movement. I'm going to add another 4 cories next time I go to the Lfs. They had some really neat polka dot cories, but they were a little pricier and I was being frugal. But at this rate cories and German blue rams are the only tankmates my angels don't pick off one by one.

Aww thats a bummer i wanted to add angels .. i figured that though so i decided to up my cories and add another group of cories . Tryin to decide on tank mates now... but my cories are my fav

Aww thats a bummer i wanted to add angels .. i figured that though so i decided to up my cories and add another group of cories . Tryin to decide on tank mates now... but my cories are my fav

I believe my angels would have been fine with any other tank mates but I made the mistake of adding the angels first then slowly trying to stock with others. I tried cardinal tetras and a school of 10 was down to 4 within maybe 6weeks. But the cardinals were juveniles and my angels are not babies anymore. My Lfs had really large black neons so I'm going try those next. If they don't work I'll move em to another tank.needless to say if you add little angels to a tank with others I think they would be fine when raised among them.

I believe my angels would have been fine with any other tank mates but I made the mistake of adding the angels first then slowly trying to stock with others. I tried cardinal tetras and a school of 10 was down to 4 within maybe 6weeks. But the cardinals were juveniles and my angels are not babies anymore. My Lfs had really large black neons so I'm going try those next. If they don't work I'll move em to another tank.needless to say if you add little angels to a tank with others I think they would be fine when raised among them.

Ok thanks i may check into that .. i think angels are gorgeous

Hitchhiker!

Last night I just got to the point of adding filters and water to my 20L cory sandbox tank before falling into bed exhausted.

I moved an established Marineland Penguin from my 36 tank where the parents currently reside, dumping the water from the filter into the bucket of dirty tank water where I was squeezing filter floss from established tanks. The tank was still cloudy when I went to bed, which is next to the tank.

When the timed lights came on to the now clearer tank, what did I see?

All I can figure is it had been "living" in the filter. Poor thing was VERY skinny. I scooped him up and he is now in the 12 gallon nursery tank.

Omg! Poor little fishy! I hope he pulls through.

Poor lil thing .. glad you found him though..

Im also interested in what sand you are using.. i have alot of tanks to add sand in and cant find black anywhere but the lfs.. :( dont wanna spend that much

It's black blasting sand. Very cheap. Home Depot.

OMG!!! Poor little baby, but tough! So cute, and the last pic it looks SOOOOO happy!

What a shock.

Hitchhiker!

Last night I just got to the point of adding filters and water to my 20L cory sandbox tank before falling into bed exhausted.

View attachment 157859

I moved an established Marineland Penguin from my 36 tank where the parents currently reside, dumping the water from the filter into the bucket of dirty tank water where I was squeezing filter floss from established tanks. The tank was still cloudy when I went to bed, which is next to the tank.

View attachment 157864

When the timed lights came on to the now clearer tank, what did I see?

View attachment 157865

All I can figure is it had been "living" in the filter. Poor thing was VERY skinny. I scooped him up and he is now in the 12 gallon nursery tank.

View attachment 157867

RED Lazer Cory

Oh forgot to mention,

Saw a really awesome fish. LFS had Red Lazer Cories. They look a little darker body and the lazer is red-orange (in lfs tank) maybe it would even be darker in a secure, calm environment.

Oh forgot to mention,

Saw a really awesome fish. LFS had Red Lazer Cories. They look a little darker body and the lazer is red-orange (in lfs tank) maybe it would even be darker in a secure, calm environment.

Just recently learned about the lazers. They are so neat looking!

Wow amazing thread .
My 40g has 4 Cory Eques, 2 Black Venezuela, 4 Sterbaii, 2 Skunk, 3 3lined, 1 Albino, total just for Corys $1000.00
My 27g cube has 4 Cory Eques, 2 Juillie, 2 Peppered, 2 Red Venezuela, 2 Skunk - total just for Corys $300.00

Not to mention all the fish in there

Wow amazing thread .
My 40g has 4 Cory Eques, 2 Black Venezuela, 4 Sterbaii, 2 Skunk, 3 3lined, 1 Albino, total just for Corys $1000.00
My 27g cube has 4 Cory Eques, 2 Juillie, 2 Peppered, 2 Red Venezuela, 2 Skunk - total just for Corys $300.00

Not to mention all the fish in there

Whoa! Where did you find the black Venezuela cores?!? I know how pricy they are. I found 8 on craigslist and they were $100 for the group. I couldn't justify spending the money on them.

Do you ever breed them go cushion the blow? Lol i love the look but I'm not sure I could spend so much on them. However I keep angels and cories go best with them... So far. So for people who have semi aggressive fish that do great with Cory's I could see wanting really awesome Cory's for a show tank

Just recently learned about the lazers. They are so neat looking!

Here's my new baby Orange Lazer

60074-albums9317-picture52576.jpg

KBiggy we need pics!

Back
Top Bottom