Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Crazy ruling.

Ever think that you can take something too far? I think the following news shows that in some places you can take things way too far.

Click

Old 09-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep. that's why I'm not very 'politcally correct'

Old 09-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

What a load of crap! This stuff burns me up. If you can't do a job because you are too short, too tall, too blind, too weak, too big then that's that. I really don't see how the court ruled this way when it was a height issue and not a gender issue.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Thats almost as bad as saying that theme parks gender discriminate because they won't allow shorter people to ride rides.. its a SAFETY issue... not a gender biased one

Old 09-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

In my opinion, the fault with this lies with judges and attorneys. When judges stretch plain meaning to fit a result (which, granted does not happen as often as some claim), they box themselves in a corner when the next issue is just a tiny bit outside the previous line drawn. It becomes easier to stretch the law just a little bit more. If you stick with the plain issue, there is no stretching. Sure, people get upset, but government does not exist to give everyone a good day.

I also fault attorneys because it seems that business pressures have removed the ability to tell a client, "No." I can fault attorneys because I am one. I know some collegues that would file suit for anything.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 09-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

All I can say: Oh geez.....

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 09-21-2005, 09:31 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Darned if you do, darned if you don't. If they have the height requirement they get in trouble for "gender descrimination" ...if they don't have the height requirement they have a greater opportunity to get sued for on the job injuries.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyquidphyre
Thats almost as bad as saying that theme parks gender discriminate because they won't allow shorter people to ride rides.. its a SAFETY issue... not a gender biased one
hahaha

I had something like that in my original post, but I decided to hold back. Funny that it's thought that other people had as well.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

not a shocker, Im just amazed that didnt happen on american soil
Old 09-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to mr86mister
these things are driving me nuts they are happening all over, but we do have to remember.....their form of judicial laws and standards are different than ours but straight to the point.....like kimberly said, the only reason they have those height standards is so employees dont get hurt and can sue Volvo, but its greed...this lady must of really needed a job bad and was stuck in life or death situation so she decided to just sue them just for the hay of it.....UFFA

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com