Crazy story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mermaidguppy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last night when I went to switch my light off, I noticed duing my fish count that one of my zebra danios was missing. After watching, checking all the decor, feeding bloodworms, I knew she was gone. I looked everywhere including a little bit around the tank. I knew I had seen her earlier that day, so I was worried that she had passed away somehow, and maybe her remains were eaten. I start to see if I can see anything online, and read that they are known to jump, so I start looking again. I have a hood on my tank, mostly so the cats can't get to the fish, but there is a hole for the heater and a hole for the filter on the BACK of the tank. As I'm looking around, I bump my water changing bucket and quickly look to make sure the water isn't sloshing. Inside the bucket was some water from a water change about a week ago. I see movement and behold, there was the danio. Her colors had faded (probably being in icky water) but she was ok. She is doing great today. I have no idea how she managed to get all the way from the back of the tank, to the bucket in front of the tank, but she did. :fish2:

You probably did suck her up accidentally ! My bettas, rams, and gouramis all for some reason like to chill really close/attack my syphon and they end up getting caught up in the tube if I'm not paying attention. Maybe the same happened to her ?

Back
Top Bottom