Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #11

thanks guys sooo much

Old 04-23-2005, 11:48 PM   #12

agh!

i want to go to the doctors but my mom says "I gotta call them." i said" why dont you just take me in there." and then she said "it costs $100."

is that true? to go into the doctors office it costs $100??

Old 04-24-2005, 12:07 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Probally, just do as your mom says. It really depends on your insurance but I have seen places higher than that. Shoot one dr my wife goes to, his office visit is $350.00 or so.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 04-24-2005, 12:29 AM   #14

holy (fill in the blank)

thats alot!

Old 04-24-2005, 01:48 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

To see a surgeon (before insurance) it would have cost me $400. After insurance, I ended up paying the $60 deductible. Still VERY high cost.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:39 AM   #16

yea but what if the surgery is really necessary because last time they didnt take x-rays they just said

"it will grow flat your fine"

which i really doubt now that i got pains

but anyhow the doctor is a complete (fill in the blank)

im still worried what if its a heart tumor gone unnoticed and surgery cant fix it and i die?

Old 04-24-2005, 05:41 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
I think you should be more concerned about stomach ulcers with all the worrying you do!

I'm sure its not a tumor.. but if there is a continuing pain then you should let your parents know again

Old 04-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it was a heart tumor there would be more of a concern from the doctors. I had a tumor three years ago that wasn't as serious as a heart tumor and they transported me by ambulance from the doctors office to the hospital ER for an emergency surgery. I arrived at the hospital at 4:30 and was in recovery by 9:30. Don't worry about it. I know, it's a health concern, but if it was a life or death situation, they would be treating it like one.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #19

well what if it is??? the doctors sure dont give a rip

this is baisically what they say "your fine, get out of my office, now give me my $500 that i did nothing for"

and thats baisically what my doctor did to me

but i told my parents they are saying "the doctor is right, these pains.. your just making them up." HOW COULD I MAKE UP SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

geeze

Old 04-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
First off, relax a little bit. Pain from a cancerous tumor would have you bed ridden and basically non-functional. Second off, if it was a heart tumor, you wouldn't be able to see it; it's not going bulge through the bone like that.

If you are that worried about it, then keep a log of it to show your doctor/parents. You should keep track of the pain; when it hurts, what were you doing at the time, is it sharp, stabbing, pinching, pulsing, dull, enough to make you stop what you're doing or something that is just annoying, etc. Also see if it gets bigger. I doubt it will overnight, so take a picture where you can see it clearly once a week. Take it in the same pose and the same lighting every week so you can see if there is any real difference.

It's easy to hear something on tv or read it online or in a book and think that you have something similar. Give it time and see what happens. And quit worrying about it, it does nothing to help the situation.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com