*cry* uh oh *cry*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hey guys,

i am just letting you all know that i am most likely going into surgery. Why? because my rib cage bulges out and now it is starting to grow in at the bottom of the bulge and it is hurting really bad. so i told my parents and they are sure that i am getting surgery. so now i get to have a scar instead of the horrid bulge on my chest but it is still surgery so i hope all goes well and the doctor can fix it well

wish me luck guys

Im sure everything will go just fine

And think of the scar this way- you can impress the ladies with all sorts of stories "See this scar?? I was wrestling a monkey in Africa when..."

haha! but this is what i know they gotta do

they gotta cut the skin off the bulge, break the bone or saw it off, put the bone together, sew up the cut, wake me up and put me into recovery wither that or i will go home

here are the pics of what is wrong with my rib cage

*EDIT*

the second pic, i didnt look at i wish i could delete it, i left my mouth open

agh! stupid me

*EDIT**EDIT*

well it is a heck of alot more obvious when you see it in person

especially when i sit down

*EDIT**EDIT**EDIT*
let me know what you guys think it is, please disguard the pic of my face cause it makes my face look fat

Attachments

• mvc-001x.jpg
    mvc-001x.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 101
  • mvc-002x.jpg
    mvc-002x.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 110
Rufy - I hope all goes well as I am sure it will. Since you are young you are likely to heal better and faster. Plus you get to be taken care of and spoiled which is always good!

Keep us updated!

lol hopefully i will get a treat for going thru all of this

Hope all goes well. I may also have to have surgery but mine is too personal to talk about. :(

agh!

i want to go to the doctors but my mom says "I gotta call them." i said" why dont you just take me in there." and then she said "it costs $100."

is that true? to go into the doctors office it costs $100??

Probally, just do as your mom says. It really depends on your insurance but I have seen places higher than that. Shoot one dr my wife goes to, his office visit is $350.00 or so. :roll:

To see a surgeon (before insurance) it would have cost me $400. After insurance, I ended up paying the $60 deductible. Still VERY high cost.

yea but what if the surgery is really necessary because last time they didnt take x-rays they just said

"it will grow flat your fine"

which i really doubt now that i got pains :?

but anyhow the doctor is a complete (fill in the blank)

im still worried what if its a heart tumor gone unnoticed and surgery cant fix it and i die?

I think you should be more concerned about stomach ulcers with all the worrying you do!

I'm sure its not a tumor.. but if there is a continuing pain then you should let your parents know again

If it was a heart tumor there would be more of a concern from the doctors. I had a tumor three years ago that wasn't as serious as a heart tumor and they transported me by ambulance from the doctors office to the hospital ER for an emergency surgery. I arrived at the hospital at 4:30 and was in recovery by 9:30. Don't worry about it. I know, it's a health concern, but if it was a life or death situation, they would be treating it like one.

well what if it is??? the doctors sure dont give a rip

this is baisically what they say "your fine, get out of my office, now give me my $500 that i did nothing for"

and thats baisically what my doctor did to me

but i told my parents they are saying "the doctor is right, these pains.. your just making them up." HOW COULD I MAKE UP SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

geeze

First off, relax a little bit. Pain from a cancerous tumor would have you bed ridden and basically non-functional. Second off, if it was a heart tumor, you wouldn't be able to see it; it's not going bulge through the bone like that.

If you are that worried about it, then keep a log of it to show your doctor/parents. You should keep track of the pain; when it hurts, what were you doing at the time, is it sharp, stabbing, pinching, pulsing, dull, enough to make you stop what you're doing or something that is just annoying, etc. Also see if it gets bigger. I doubt it will overnight, so take a picture where you can see it clearly once a week. Take it in the same pose and the same lighting every week so you can see if there is any real difference.

It's easy to hear something on tv or read it online or in a book and think that you have something similar. Give it time and see what happens. And quit worrying about it, it does nothing to help the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom