Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Custom Aquarium Designs

Hello all!

I just got my site up and runnign with a full forum to discuss/help fellow hobbiest with setting up and maintaining saltwater aquariums.

*Edited as in volation of user agreement dealing with comercial posts*

http://www.customaquariumdesigns.com

Please vist and let me know what you think!

Thanks

Old 03-12-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Also note this is your one and only allowed post about your site per the user agreement.

It would be nice to think you didnt join just to do a drive by posting.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:48 PM   #3

I just want to get my site going and offer my services to the fellow hobbiest...I wont post more than once per month if thats the rule.......

Thank you
Old 03-12-2004, 01:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ideally you would post here all the time. All he is saying is that you have to keep down the number of your commercial posts.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
commercial posts.
Actually commercial posts are strictly forbidden. I understand wanting to get your forum going, but I don't know you, and I hate to think you would do it on our hard work. Put in the time, get a few members and continue posting even if your posting to know one, your forum will take off on it's own...maybe, I personally don't like forums connected to a retail establishment, idea seems OK, but I just don't like them, hopefully for you there are plenty of people that do not feel the same as me.

You want people to join your forum? Post here helping hobbyests with their aquarium problems, post a link to your site in your sig, that does a whole hell of alot more for your site than posts such as these

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 03-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #6

Hey thanks for the advice....dont get me wrong I respect your rules and dont want to upset anyone here so if you say I cant post like this then fine I understand.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Don't get us wrong, you are welcome to post any way you'd like, within the rules of the site, but it just saddens us when people come and post about another forum and never post about anything else. From browsing the board this evening, I see you've posted to other threads in an effort to help the poster, that's what we like to see and makes this type of post much easier to take

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 03-12-2004, 11:56 PM   #8

Thanks! I want ya to know that although I have started my own forum site I still intend to stay a part of this one! I have been a part of the forum at saltwaterfish.com for a while but just recently found this one and like it more
Old 03-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

*grins*

That's cause we're the best. But I'm not biased or anything LOL

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:05 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
At the time you made the first post it was your #1 post. So the things that run thru our mind is a drive by. Obviously with 13 posts now you have done more than just drive by so its all cool.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
custom

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com