dad being ignorant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikachu0315

Aquarium Advice Freak
my dad keeps thinking that everything is simple and you can just throw fish in a tank and doesnt understand different requirements like some fish need only one kind of fish food herbivorous or carnivore. help!?!

my dad keeps thinking that everything is simple and you can just throw fish in a tank and doesnt understand different requirements like some fish need only one kind of fish food herbivorous or carnivore. help!?!

My dads the same! I've had fish die from my dad being stubborn and believing everything LFS employees say

if hes spending the money soon he will grasp the thought your trying to tell him something fish will die and get eaten but what can you do its your pops
:hide:

My dad has a bunch of crazy ideas pertaining to stocking and such, so I tell him "I will do that if you will pay for it, because everything is going to die quickly." Then he stops :)

My father always asks me " why don't you just buy a fish that will eat the poop?" -______-

My dad was the one who got me into the hobby, lol. He used to have an awesome 75 gallon tank that we took care of together. He and my mom used to keep big tanks with oscars and African cichlids, too, but by the time I was born we just had the one in the apartment they built over our barn.

I just get comments from my mom now about how fish are too much work and I'm crazy for having so many. Also recommendations for me to get bala sharks because she always loved them, although I don't have a tank big enough. But even when I still lived with her and kept fish she didn't mess with my tank or make too many bad stocking requests. Although she did insist on a red tailed shark that killed everything else in my little 10 gallon...

Back
Top Bottom