Daylight Robbery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JarJarDoink

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I felt that I was robbed! I bought 4 fancy Guppy today. To my horror when I got home, 1 of the fish is dead with a large wound at its belly! I go back to the shop and inform the salesperson, he told me no refund! Never even replace the fish for me. I admit its partly my fault for not checking... But i just felt I was robbed.... 

I bought a fish with brookynollis (or however it's spelled) and they told me they couldn't do anything! I wasted $20! That's why I'm buying fish online from now on.

I am from Singapore.... Yar I actually go to this certain shop to get my supplies but was checking other stores... Will stick to my regular shope from now on...

Yep, I got out of my way and past 5 or so LFS/chain stores to a shop that has the best fish I've ever seen. Not only do you never see a dead/dying fish in any tank, but the QT all new arrivals before they display them for sale.

Prices are a bit higher too, but worth every penny.

Mr. Limpet said:
Yep, I got out of my way and past 5 or so LFS/chain stores to a shop that has the best fish I've ever seen. Not only do you never see a dead/dying fish in any tank, but the QT all new arrivals before they display them for sale.

Prices are a bit higher too, but worth every penny.

Sometimes you just need to spend more to get a better service/quality...

Most places don't offer refunds, since it's not really their fault if the fish dies. I know I wouldn't if I owned a store. I am sorry to hear about your fish dying though :(

Back
Top Bottom