Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Dear Mr and Mrs Average Pet Owner

http://dallas.craigslist.org/about/b.../39392115.html

Old 08-23-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Someone is a little negative.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

hehe yes, but I can completly see where there are coming from though *nod*

Old 08-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
because I am nice to animals, not because I am nice to people
Really? I find that so hard to believe

This person has ISSUES and needs to see a therapist. Not kidding either.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I personally agree with practically everything he had to say. Granted it was a rant, and rants tend to be negative. But I could imagine if you had to deal with people bringing in their animals for various, solve-able, problems I would get mad too.

I did a report on the humane society and the pound in my city.

In my small city alone.. in one month over the summer over 300 cats and dogs are put to sleep... they got there some how. A stray is a stray for a reason.. somewhere in its blood line someone let their dog loose and didn't get it fixed therefore ALL of these animals are caught and put to sleep.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I feel sorry for this person. They have a VERY tough job and lets be honest. Many people are idiots and This person meets them all.

So I agree with pretty much everything this person says, but why do I feel like a bad person for owning two cats?

My Girlfriend wants a dog real bad...long story short, we are not in a position to properly care for a dog. But when we are, we will get one. THis makes her EXTREMELY upset, and if she wasn't with me she would have one right now. But, that dog would be back at the pound in 3 months.

Basically many people do not think before they get a pet. It's ok to think with your heart, but before you do anything rash, think with your head.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its one thing to literally pick up a stray dog off of the street and do everything within your power to find it a good home

Its another thing to go to the pound or to just buy a dog on whim and figure out you can't take care of it and THEN not even TRY to find it a home and take it to the pound for it to just be put down.

Hehe, sorry.. I get so worked up about comman sense with animals.

Im in the same boat, RocketSeason- my boyfriend and I would love to get a dog right now but we know its not a good time. HOWEVER we found the sweetest stray and since we can't take care of it properly I found him a wonderful home- and even then I might push to keep him AND give him a good home. But I wouldn't go out and find a dog to take care of.. this one found us and by golly I am doing everything in my power to give him a good home

Old 08-23-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Been there, done that and still do. The stories are all heartbreaking. The stupidity and irresponsible behaviour of some (not all) pet owners could fill volumes. What I find incredibly ironic is that the most ignorant and unfeeling usually have the most children.....but that is another story and just my personal observation.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:13 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to glasstapper
i also agree but these "people" are raising other "people? just like them so im afraid it'll get worse before better, i assist in training and reabilitating {sp} untrained animals heartbreaking is an understatment. its easy command, corection
Old 08-24-2004, 09:43 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
oh but now you have hit it dead on, in order to have a nicely socialized family companion you have to spend the one thing most dear to alot of people.....not cash....TIME!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com