Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #11
The first 2 pics could be my deck! Exact same decking, railing, balusters, everything. I did a doubletake when I clicked on the first pic. Thanks, this gives me some real life pics to show my wife. My wood is also very old and "thirsty" I know it will take a good bit of stain/sealant to cover it all. I haven't sealed it for two years, but in the past it has taken about four gallons of sealant. It's a big job, but I have to do it wether I stain/seal or just seal. My wife will have the last word on if it gets color or not, but I'll be the one doing all the work!
Old 06-17-2005, 05:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
As it should be...hee hee.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming......

Vote here for Aquarium Advice.

55 gal
2 gold dojo loaches
3 white tetras
4 zebra danios
3 neon tetras
1 pleco
2 ADFs
Old 06-17-2005, 05:24 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus
I am thinking that when we refinish our deck we ought to put some sort of light colored epoxy coating on it, since it is around the pool and the deck will burn the hide off your feet in the summer - I have to put outdoor rugs on it so the kids can walk out there. Don't mean to hijack, but anybody painted their deck?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:27 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Originally Posted by Bearfan
I've got a bathroom to remodel next.
That's how it started for us, about 5 years ago, seriously! First a bathroom remodel, then the other bathroom, then the kitchen, then all new paint throughout the house, then all new hardwood floors, then all new leather living room furniture, then a few weeks ago, the new deck, then yesterday -- brand new oak dining room set! Whew!

TankGirl, our old deck was painted about 8 years ago. The wood couldn't breathe anymore, so it rotted. After only a few years, the paint peeled up in big sheets. There was no way I was going out on it this year, since it swayed a bit! So we just got a nice new one, and now we will definitely stain it instead of painting.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus
Well that is good to know, Deb. Maybe we'd be better off replacing the deck with that composite recycled milk jug stuff.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com