Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I think the One-eyed frog is a Girl. Hobbes (my little male tree frog in the green water dish) Has been vocalizing alot since we put the One-eyed frog in. The females are always bigger, and she is definatly big.

Perhaps there is love in the air?

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think you should call her Blinky...

Old 04-21-2005, 03:16 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I bet those frogs are soooo happy!

great job!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Frog has been Named Lilly. (My Fiancees doing.)

Its funny to hear the Male vocalize because its extremely loud and it scares the cats.

LOL!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Old 04-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody
I think you should call her Blinky...
I vote for Winky!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:34 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Is male vocalizing so loud you can see it driving you/family mad? I've wanted frogs for some time but never considered this. I like "Lilly" -- its cute, not quite corny

wet.biggiantnerds.com
Old 04-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

not quite corny, but a bit cheesy.

The vocalization is brief and sporatic. I love the sound myself. it means I have happy frogs.

sometimes you will hear it three or four times a night, sometimes the frog will go months without vocalizing.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:15 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Thanks.

wet.biggiantnerds.com
Old 04-21-2005, 08:12 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cJw
I love that first close up pic ole 'one eye' - hilarious pic! He looks like a jolly fellow!
I agree. She really is so cute. What does it take to maintain frogs? Are they messy like.. poo wise?

I love the fishes cause they're so delicious.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are messy. They like pooing in water so you need to provide a large place for them to go. I clean the bowl daily, because if I don't they will just sit there stewing in their own poo...

other than that, they are pretty easy to take care of. 3 frogs will run you about 7.00 a week in crickets. and they do need cleaning. It is very important to keep their tank very clean because their skin is awfuly sensitive. I lost several frogs to poor maintance. Other than that, It is about as expensive to setup as a fresh water tank. and about the same amount of maintance. humidity is also important, I have just started to use the self contained waterfall and it works great. I had a HUGE waterfall before and it was beautiful, and the frogs loved it, but it kept things way to humid and that may have contributed to the un-sanitary conditions of the tank.

with any reptile or amphibian, they do not move around alot during the day. so be prepared for alot of boring non-activity. but if you love frogs (as me and my girl do) then you will love these guys. otherwisee, I say pass them by. I would not recomend them for the casual reptile and amphibian keeper.

Closed Thread

Tags
frog, pics, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com