Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2005, 10:40 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Frog tank looks great. I have been looking at seting up a few myself. First one will most likely be a whites but also would like a few tanks with dart frogs. Have a ten gallon tank set up now with either a common gray or cope's gray tree frog. I really enjoy the frog. Started with it last year at this time from a tadpole, scooped from my inlaws pool before treatment. My daughter wanted to have a few. The frog is now slightly bigger than my thumbnail.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:54 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
aww. so tiny! My fiancee wanted bring an outdoor treefrog inside, but I am afriad of diseases. If you raised this one from tadpole, you shouldn't have to worry about it at all.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here are some more pics. I have one of Lilly taken tonight. (shes posing for the camera) I have a pic of two of my old Tree Frogs. The small one always loved to annoy the big one...I miss them....*sniff* The final picture is of my old Tomato Frog enjoying his favorite spot in my old frog tank: the waterfall. I miss him too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheelus1.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	2116   Click image for larger version

Name:	fargher_pzhap.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	2117  

Click image for larger version

Name:	lilly1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	2118  
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Old 04-23-2005, 12:27 AM   #24

i like that second pic

Old 05-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

water fall broke...gotta figure out whats wrong with the pump. The Frogs have been using the plastic leaves to go #2 on so that makes cleaning up after them a snap. so far everything is good!

-Matt

Old 05-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lilly, The big One-eyed Girl has been throwing herself at the screen top for the last few days. All day long thats all she does. I don't know why she is doing it, perhaps she is looking for a large pool of water to lay eggs in or something I Don't know. She has bruised her lip in the process though. I need to find a way to get her to stop doing that or perhaps make it safer for her.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Poor lilly Its too bad you can't just ask her whats the matter. It would make things so much easier.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSeason
Lilly, The big One-eyed Girl has been throwing herself at the screen top for the last few days. All day long thats all she does. I don't know why she is doing it, perhaps she is looking for a large pool of water to lay eggs in or something I Don't know. She has bruised her lip in the process though. I need to find a way to get her to stop doing that or perhaps make it safer for her.
'

you could consider lowering some of the decorations so she doesn't have as much height to leap at the top screen. If she's searching for a place to lay eggs, could a general rearangement of her surroundings help? maybe make things just different enough to her that she'd consider something a better place to lay.... just thinking outloud.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

not bad Ideas Billy. although I doubt lowering the decorations will do it cause she climbs up the glass and jumps off from there as well as from the plants.

I think I am going to add a large short tupperware of water with a couple inches of water in the bottom. she may like that better than the little dish they have now.

Hobbes (the male frog) has been going nuts singing to her lately too.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's really nice looking, I like it. I was at a LFS and they sell frogs and I've have interest in them frogs or even a lizard.

What's was the cost of your setup not including the tank? How much are water falls? Are those plants live?'

Also, I got a 10g acrylic flat back hex tank, would that be good for two small frogs?

If you got any good links so I can do some research would be sweet.

Closed Thread

Tags
frog, pics, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com