Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
If you find some good links let me know!

Seriously though, I haven't found much on the net about frogs at all. As far as how much stuff costs:
The setup as shown is about 350 bucks or so. That includes the tank, hood, and stand. Without that, your looking at about 200 bucks worth of stuff.
25 bucks for the waterfall
15 bucks for the screen top
30 bucks for the heating pad
20 bucks for the fake tree limb
15 bucks for the two water dishes
15 bucks for the reptile carpet
20 bucks for the various fake plants.
20 bucks for the bendy fake vines.
25 bucks for the humidifier and air pump.
a couple of bucks for some large smooth polished rocks
How much is all of that?

The Plants are fake, the tree limbs are fake as well. makes for easy cleaning and they are resistant to mold.

I would not recommend a ten gallon Hex for any frog. Tree frogs need more room and chubby frogs need more floor space. A normal 10 gallon tank would be great for a Chubby frog, But not for Whites (Dumpy) tree Frogs.

I would say that 1 Whites tree frog would require a 20 High tank and 2 whites would require a 29 gallon tank. Whites get very active at night and they need some room to move.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:17 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Good to know. I guess i won't be getting frogs anytime soon. Maybe when a bigger tank falls in my lap I'll keep some frogs.

Keeping frogs isn't cheap either, just like stating a fish tank. 8O

Paintballs look like bubble gum
14G starphire,150W MH+32W act03,AquaClear 150 HOB filter, 75W EboJager, IceProbe chiller, Remora skimmer, closed loop SCWD mag5, auto toper-offer.
Closed Thread

frog, pics, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com