...diet...dear god.. help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rach101 said:
my brain has officially stopped working

Somehow, I'll bet this is sinking in, and I am so impressed with the wealth of information posted here. I am bookmarking some of these links and this thread because it is good motivation.

I don't have diabetes but I have low blood sugar problems, so an apple for breakfast for me would mean the shakes, the sweats and a headache by 9:30. I have to really watch any kind of fruits or carbs, but as long as I have at least a tiny bit of healthy protein with it I am in good shape. I know I am at risk for developing diabetes so I really try to watch carbs, since when I avoid them I have no problems at all with my low sugar.

It turns out this is "your thing" to deal with, Rach, and a little education and acceptance will not make it a huge monster always hanging over you, but just a fact of life. These days it is easier to manage diabetes, and it is a well-studied disease so there is lots of hope for the future.

I'll say it again - you folks really impress me with your willingness to help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom