Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2005, 03:03 AM   #11

ok, now i know you will think im ignorant... really i am, but i want a camcorder and i was looking at this digital camcorder and it says 680,000 Pixels ... does that mean it's 6.8 megapixels? and it says it takes video AND still pictures.. im thinking a combo is great.. LOL. I really want the video camera the most... because i can burn DVD's on my computer.
Also, here is the search page, if anyone has the time, if anything on that page is better than another, i don't know anything about what im getting, except i know that i wan't it to give me good videos that i can upload and burn on myc omputer, and be able to take decent still pics as well. If any of you experts can point me in the right direction id appreciate!

Digital Camcorders

oh and the reason im going on Dell is because i have a dell preferred account

Old 11-14-2005, 07:18 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

I know nothing about camcorders except that a still from a digicamcorder is not going to compare to a still from a digital still camera. 6megapixels = 6 million pixels.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 11-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
I know nothing about camcorders except that a still from a digicamcorder is not going to compare to a still from a digital still camera. 6megapixels = 6 million pixels.
oh.. wow.. that makes a huge difference then huh.. LOL. So i guess i need to get a camcorder for a camcorder and a digital still camera for still pics... it just seems so handy to have 2 in 1!!!! Well i guess you give up quality for conveinence, I love my camera phone, but the pics are crappy compared to some of you guys!

Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 PM   #14

I think ive decided to invest in a digital camera separte from a camcorder... so im gonna stick with getting the camera this christmas and maybe a camcoder for.. um... sometime next year.. LOL. Anyway thanks for all the info and the great links everyone~

Old 11-17-2005, 11:56 PM   #15

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/P...tegory_id=4005

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons2is/

That one you showed me.. it says it can take video clips at 1GB per clip.. never mind, i read that its only a few minuts of video at a time.

Ok ive found a few featurs that i am intersted in.
I am interested in something that can take video snapshots as well... even if it is only a few minutes, but on reading i find that most do offer that as well.. which is cool
Also... a waterproof camera would be awesome... im kinda clumsy.. i tend to spill stuff a lot and also i like to go to the beach, pool, springs a lot during the summer.
As far as the tech specs go i know i want at least 5 million pixels and zoom, a decent flash (duh.. lol) and i want to be able to hook it up to my computer by a USB port.
I really like the cannon.. and it has everything i want except for being waterproof!! LOL.. any other suggestions appreciated

Old 11-18-2005, 03:05 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a sony cybershot dsc-p92, 5.0 megapixels. It's a decent cheap camera. I used it for all the fish pics in my gallery.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:12 AM   #17

talloulou you have georgous pics!!! If i can spend less money that's definitely better.. LOL.. My husband and i have decided to get a digital camera AND a digital camcorder for christmas so It turns out i can't spend 500 on just the camera.. LOL. But i would like my digital camera to have the video clip capapcity and the camcorder to be able to take stills. Even though the quality is not the best.. LOL, that way we can use one or the other if we only have one with us. Does that make sense? LOL.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

I am not aware of any point & Shoot digitals or bridge cameras that are waterproof. Water sealing alone would add several hundred dollars to the price of the camera. You can buy waterproof housings for them but they are expensive.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 11-19-2005, 03:05 AM   #19

yeah i noticed they were like 200 for just the waterproof case, but my friend showed me a link of a cam that was water resistant up to 5 feet.. hold on let me find that...
http://www.pentaximaging.com/product...section--optio
i think its more of a protective thing like if you accidently drop it in the water or spill something in it.. not like meant to go diving with of course.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just got the canon sd300 elph. it's great camera, and super small so it can fit in a pair of jeans pockets. When I was shopping I had a good friend in the industry help me out with all those numbers. 4mg+ is good, All you really need for the naked eye and up to poster size. The optical zoom is the most important number. The higher the better. Thats my 2 bits. Good luck

Closed Thread

Tags
camera

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com