Do fish recognize you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MermaidGurl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you think the fish you own actually recognize you as "their person". I'm not sure how to explain what I mean, but I think my fish do recognize me. Whenever I am in the room, they swim to the side of the tank that I'm closest to and watch me but they ignore everyone else. I know this is random but I'm sitting beside my fish tank and they are watching me so it got me thinking. Please don't criticize me, thanks, lol.

Do you think the fish you own actually recognize you as "their person". I'm not sure how to explain what I mean, but I think my fish do recognize me. Whenever I am in the room, they swim to the side of the tank that I'm closest to and watch me but they ignore everyone else. I know this is random but I'm sitting beside my fish tank and they are watching me so it got me thinking. Please don't criticize me, thanks, lol.

I'm not sure, I think they recognize that people=food and they get excited. I'm not sure why they only get excited for you, that's odd. Maybe they do remember you

I'm not sure, I think they recognize that people=food and they get excited. I'm not sure why they only get excited for you, that's odd. Maybe they do remember you

Ya, that's why it got me thinking.

I think they do.

My tanks are in the basement, when I go down there they come to the front of the tank or too the top (for food).

When my 2 year old son is with me(who likes to hit the glass :nono:) they hide in the back of the tank.

I think they do. When I walk in they freak out splash water everywhere, if some else walks in they don't get excited at all if I walk in with multiple people the all hide its kinda funny

I would say so. Every time I walk in they all get excited and surface or come to the glass. Even my catfish surface upsidedown sometimes. Anyone else and they will hide..

I think one of mine likes to get my attention he randomly jumps in his tank he is a Betta

My cichlids definitely recognize me. They have no issues being out and around when I am around but as soon as someone else comes into my house they all dart for their caves.

When me and my partner sit in front of the tank even after feeding they come to the glass. The gouramis touch the glass at us haha. They get scared and hide when other people are here. Ive had one angel stare at me across the other side of the room and didnt continue its thing until i came up to the glass and acknowledged it haha quite fun sometimes but bottom line i'm sure they all have personalities.

Back
Top Bottom