Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
This may be a new twist on whether fish actually recognize us or something we are holding.
I have a bank of tanks outside with another tank that is perpendicular to the bank of tanks. Today, I was holding a can of food as well as a breeding slate for the back tank as I went behind the bank of tanks. Normally, when I open the back door to the porch where the fish are, they all come running to that side of the tank. I thought it was me they were coming for. lol Today, I went behind the tanks and put down the can of food so I had 2 hands to deal with placing the breeding slate in the one tank. I noticed that the fish were not looking at me but out the side glass instead. I couldn't believe my eyes. So I went in and got my camera and repeated what I had just done. Keep in mind that I am standing directly behind the tank. Only the camera is at an angle to avoid flashback. In pic #1, you'll notice that the fish in the back are not looking out the back glass where I am standing but are looking out the side. The larger fish in the front just moved from the side view as I snapped the picture. In pic #2, you'll see what they were looking at. Most of the fish were still looking at the "prize" when I snapped the pic. So is it really me they recognize?
Attached Images

Andy Sager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yeah, I've read that Discus will recognize their owners and eat out of their hand.

augustjd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
who knows maybe they know whats in the can!!!!! lol

augustjd123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com